House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest daddy bull

A New Property Tv Show

Guest Daddy Bear

My mate works in TV and I'm sending him some ideas for a new property show...

I'm trying to think of a title....so far....

1. Correction, Correction, Correction

2. The Property Pole

any other ideas for property TV shows? What plot line

:P

DB

ps: Anyone else sending out the "First time buyer must read article" from this site as a chain letter to all your mates.

If 3000 people did it I reckon we could saturate the whole country by the second wednesday of this month. It is a bit tricky sending it to close friends who bought in the last 12 months though....however it would get thing moving pretty quick - or not - forgive the unitentional irony.

1.  Correction, Correction, Correction

2.  The Property Pole

DB

ps: Anyone else sending out the "First time buyer must read article" from this site as a chain letter to all your mates.

If 3000 people did it I reckon we could saturate the whole country by the second wednesday of this month. It is a bit tricky sending it to close friends who bought in the last 12 months though....however it would get thing moving pretty quick - or not - forgive the unitentional irony.

The property Cycle!

1. Correction, Correction, Correction

2. The Property Pole

1)Kirsty and Phil's hall of shame!!

Where kirsty and phil do a post-mortem for all their previous participants(victims),find out what they've done to the place since they bought.....and then have it re-valued.......nice to schedule this for late 2007 i think.

2)...But they said it would........

pretty much similar to the first one(but that hasn't stopped them yet!)....except we will re-visit the predictions given for that area at the time of purchase and find out how wrong the were!

3)immigration,immigration,immigration.

where we track a bunch of expats who bought abroad losing their shirts and coming home to live with mummy and daddy again......

could also do a spin off watching all the polish builders bugger off back home....or to really rub it in,the indian restaurant owner who's going to pack up the uk and live like a maharaja in mumbai complet with servants!...that'll really piss the punters off!

Guest muttley

2.  The Property Pole

DB

1. The Price is Sh*te.

Contestants are shown round properties and have to make a guess at EAs valuation.Winner gets mortgage paid for a year.Loser gets TTRTR's portfolio for a year.

2. What's my loan?

Beleagured home owners show their house,their latest purchases and their prescription drugs and "celebrity" contestants have to guess how much they've MEWed.

3.Big Brother.

Stupid people sit around in house, bored stiff because they can't go out.......wait a minute...

"How I lost my property fortune" as a follow-up to How I made my property fortune

"Losing houses" In Andrew Winters fourth series to Selling Houses he helps owners get the maximum re-possesion value on their beloved homes.

"A place in the Streets": Amanda Lamb follows up on her successful A place in the sun series by finding ex-home owners cardboard boxes and shopping trolleys for their new life on the streets.

"House Mortician" Ann Maurice returns to the screen following her successful House Doctor series to assist ex-owners bury their home ownership dreams.

2.  The Property Pole

DB

How about Thrift Time Buyer.

A property show where patient first time buyers show the audience around their affordable home that they bought after the crash.

They tell how they wrung every last penny out of the panic-stricken BTL mogul previous owner.

They also tell how they went against the masses and rented rather than pay huge premiums on homes.

They have no debt, a relatively small mortgage and, the most important of all, peace of mind.

NDL

EDIT. I do believe I have coined a new phrase! Just tried a google on Thrift Time Buyer and no results. Oooh I feel all chuffed! :)

Edited by New Darker Law

Guest Daddy Bear

"The house whisperer" - A documentary investigating the lack of dinner party conversations about "how much are house is worth now...."

DB

What about "The Debt Factor"

The concept of the show is to get people who have bought property in the last 2 years. I believe the number of entrants would make X-Factor look like a queue at a bus-stop. The Millenium Stadium has already been booked.

We will split the contenstants into 3 groups. The FTB's, The Property Developers and The Estate Agents.

The FTB's

All's you need to do is wait - when inflation goes to 6-7% your first move is to shit yourself. You have to prove to the judges that you really are up shits creek and cant even afford a full tank of petrol. Contestants can show proof of "doo-doo" but tears and frustration will earn you more points. If you can prove that your OUTGOING are more than your Incomings, then go through to London.

The PROPERTY DEVELOPER

This species has to prove to the judges what a complete asshole the have been by believing that 'Prices cannot go down' and '3% Yeild is GOOD'. They have to show proof of spiraling mortgage costs and the problem he has trying to increase rents in this saturated market. At this point he shows his reaction to the news that the young students he had renting his apartment have told him to 'feck off'. If he is wimpering like a dog at this stage he will go through to London.

The ESTATE AGENTS

His role is to try and prove that he's sold a property without a single Lie. This is the most difficult of rounds. To make it tougher he has to face the judges whilst 'Mr & Mrs Softbastard' face him. Unfortunately, Mr & MRs SB had fell for the sales pitch that you need to BUY BUY BUY!!! They believed him cos Phil & Kirsty said so. If he can get through this stage without Mr Softbastard twatting him - he will go to London.

FINAL IN 'LONDON'

With all 3 parties phucked at this stage. FTB's getting final demands, Property Developer having not rental and Estate Agent earning NO COMMISSION. It's now up to the Estate Agent to try and sell the FTB's House to the property developer.

For every 10 minutes that pass the price drops 5%. This will upset the FTB's. If the price is too HIGH. This upsets the Property Developer. If he cannot sell it at all. This upsets the FTB's.

Ooops, I forgot the Estate agent is phucked here? Ahh well, never mind.

The eventual winning is NO ONE!!!

Its a prime lesson to not believe the SPIN, DONT BORROW MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD and more IMPORTANTLY dont believe the estate agent!

hee theres another one 'Dont believe your Estate Agent' (Dont forget your toothbrush) :0

NAME 'EM AND SHAME 'EM,

The architects of the Boom and Bust in House Prices

Who pumped it up, and profited handsomely from 2-3 years of overspending on Housing. A look at:

+ Estate Agents, that collected big bonuses,

+ Banks, that reported excesive profits,

+ Builders, whose stock prices shot up,

+ Politicians, who got re-elected on a false prosperity,

+ TV presenters, who got rich while getting it wrong

AND the sad cases: The FTBers who were unable to buy,

and pt their lives on hold.

and the sadder cases: Those who bought their dream homes,

and are living the nightmare of massive debts

Edited by HollandPark

1) The last of the house Buyers.

2) The Renters

3) Grapes Of Wrath 2010

4) Eviction

5) How to survive negative Equity

6) The Greatest Property Crash On Earth

7) Planet Of The Repossed

8) For Sale For Sale For Sale

9) Renters Tips

10) hand Over The Keys

2.  The Property Pole

DB

Hasn't there been a show called 'Property Ladder'?

Then how about 'Property Snake and Ladder', showing the problems and exit strategies of BTL'ers who climbed aboard too late, and are now getting eaten alive by carrying costs.

Title:

Because I've painted it

or

Live and let MEW

Objective:

Sell you house for more than you bought it for.

Catch:

You must reveal what you bought it for and try and convince the panel of buyers that the price hike is worth it. If they think not they may offer a lower amount, less than you paid for it or not offer at all!

Think the dragon's den but more ITV

"The Agency"

fly-on-the-wall documentary series, with a "is-he-being-ironic?" presenter like Louis Theroux following the day-to-day business of an EA's.

The programme would develop a massive following as the agency in-tune-with-the-country went down the pan and got liquidated.

Failing that...some investigative journalist could make a huge reputation for himself by going-undercover at Foxtons and exposing the kind of tricks they get up to.

The Weakest Link

In a show hosted by Kirsty Allslop, first time buyers compete to see who can create the longest housing chain before pulling the plug.

The contestants can double the savings they make from renting by shouting "bank" whenever they spot Kirsty trying to talk up the market.

how about...it's a knockdown!!!

similar vein to it's a knockout where a bunch of btl's can exit their portfolio without incurring penalties by traversing inflatable causeways strewn with jelly,whilst wearing penguin suits with bungee ropes on the back....obviously the longer they take to complete the course the more money they lose.

surreal but might have legs.