House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Location Location Location

this should be merged with the narcissism thread

I never wanted to judge that much before as the bubble has been a societal thing - but I now sincerely hope, if there is a hell, Kirsty and Phil should go to it.

I'm shocked and disgusted that someone could receive that level of a pay-out!

It comes from the pocket of every single tax payer.

And yes - this is how my mind works. :ph34r:

why do cerebral palsy sufferes get such huge payouts btw?

£2 million, in an equity income fund, should pay out easily 50k plus for life, leaving the principal intact

£2 million, in an equity income fund, should pay out easily 50k plus for life, leaving the principal intact

Only if caused by medical negligance during birth or an operation that goes wrong upto age 3.

That's the sort of thing she should be doing with it, better diversified perhaps - it has to last her her whole life. Exorbitant service charges were probably not factored in. (I bet she's being advised by some dotty old souls in her family, perched at the top of the pyramid to join it at the bottom.)

It's heart wrenching to watch.

I'm not watching it, I saw about 3 seconds felt sick and turnoed over to Corry, a more convincing interpretation of human values

Also a smart Financial bloke would tell her that she should on withdraw the income over the rate of inflation to protect the lump sum. So if she got your 50K she should leave 31K (CPI) in the fund and take only 19K.

But then again if she spunks the money I am sure the taxpayer will pick up the peices.

Also a smart Financial bloke would tell her that she should on withdraw the income over the rate of inflation to protect the lump sum. So if she got your 50K she should leave 31K (CPI) in the fund and take only 19K.

But then again if she spunks the money I am sure the taxpayer will pick up the peices.

splitting hairs - but I already considered inflation ;)

splitting hairs - but I already considered inflation ;)

So you think you can get 8% return in todays environement. Point me in that direction please kind sir.

edit: My maths are wrong I was thinking a mill. Apols.

Edited by ralphmalph

So you think you can get 8% return in todays environement. Point me in that direction please kind sir.

50,000 / 2,000,000 = 2.5%

I'm shocked and disgusted that someone could receive that level of a pay-out!

It comes from the pocket of every single tax payer.

And yes - this is how my mind works. :ph34r:

In a world where Sharon Shoesmith can earn £100k, then they deserve the payout.

I can barely watch. Some poor young woman, damaged with cerebral palsy at birth, huge compensation, Phil and Kirsty to invest 1.7 million of it, where you can't go wrong... a new-build flat in London!

Aaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhh.

That is wicked! **** the pair of them. :angry:

she needs 24/7 care so has to employ three "live-in" staff to look after her.

tim

The trouble will be the trustees who will all believe - you can't go wrong with property.

Normally I'm a gentle soul with people I basically think of as foolish, like Kirsty and Phil, but honestly, this girl is such a beautiful spirit. Then that rotten temptation of a 2.5 million flat "busting" her budget. Then an offer of 1.6 million on a 1.75 million ask from a pure cash buyer! Honestly, it's like watching her being devoured by vultures.

I saw her and thought about busts too. Tremendous set of tits.

she needs 24/7 care so has to employ three "live-in" staff to look after her.

tim

fair enough

Kirsty and Phil should hang

The trouble will be the trustees who will all believe - you can't go wrong with property.

Normally I'm a gentle soul with people I basically think of as foolish, like Kirsty and Phil, but honestly, this girl is such a beautiful spirit. Then that rotten temptation of a 2.5 million flat "busting" her budget. Then an offer of 1.6 million on a 1.75 million ask from a pure cash buyer! Honestly, it's like watching her being devoured by vultures.

I agree - she wanted to offer less but took the 'experts' advice

When the EA phoned back it was obvious they were going to accept the offer

So Phil cost the girl probably at least 100K

Sickening

:angry:

funnily - this is an incredibly blatant sign of the secondary peak

imagine looking back in 5 years time - Did Kirsty and Phil REALLY help a relatively defenceless person with cerebral palsey invest their compensation payout in something as undiversified and volatile as a leasehold flat, in London during a massive bubble? This may be cited in a future analysis of the bubble.

I agree - she wanted to offer less but took the 'experts' advice

When the EA phoned back it was obvious they were going to accept the offer

So Phil cost the girl probably at least 100K

Sickening

:angry:

all Kirsty and Phil are concerned about is to be seen to get the deal - the money shot. They have to have the power, no matter the cost to the real buyers. The c*nts.

Did anyone see last weeks one? (or was the week before?) phil told a couple "if you can't find your dream home then just buy any house and make money on it until you find your dream home" the dopey cow liked the idea of that and kept repeating that they should buy the house they didn't like and make money on it! Which they did (buy it, not make money that is)

Phil spencer is a ****. No wonder the ***** went bankrupt! I hope gets sued!

Today's one was June this year so it was already a buyers Market. No mention of them advising the buyers to take advantage.

It will be interesting to see the ones being filmed now.

Did anyone see last weeks one? (or was the week before?) phil told a couple "if you can't find your dream home then just buy any house and make money on it until you find your dream home" the dopey cow liked the idea of that and kept repeating that they should buy the house they didn't like and make money on it! Which they did (buy it, not make money that is)

Phil spencer is a ****. No wonder the ***** went bankrupt! I hope gets sued!

But, but buy the crap hole now and if by luck that goes up the dream house in a rising market would be err, more expensive still.

this should be merged with the narcissism thread

I never wanted to judge that much before as the bubble has been a societal thing - but I now sincerely hope, if there is a hell, Kirsty and Phil should go to it.

If there is a hell, it is being Kirsty or Phil.