House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Mpc Interest Rates - What Change You Want

I quite don't see the point of this poll. Doesn't everyone on here naturally want the maximum possible rise if they have savings?

I quite don't see the point of this poll. Doesn't everyone on here naturally want the maximum possible rise if they have savings?

Wel most people hoping for a HPC and those that want to make any return on savings will but there are some die-hard home owners on here if you look closely enough. Perhaps this poll will flush them out.

But there is the wider view of the economy as a whole. Though purely personally, 50% would be very good for me, it would blow the economy to smithereens, which wouldn't be good for me. Overall, I suspect that a gentle rise would be best,

Peter.

Ok fair enough. Although, I thought the results would be interesting!

Maybe I should have called it "How would you vote if you were a member of the MPC"?

Also, I'll add that I wouldn't want interest rates to go too high, as I wouldn't want to destroy the economy!

Edited by Jason

Guest Charlie The Tramp
So for the person who voted 'other' what change did you want? I didn't want to get silly and put +50.00 change!

I being the guilty person.

If we still had historical neutral and average rates we would not be in this mess today. Savings and borrowing would be complimentary to each other.

As it was in the good old days. :D

Guest growl
But there is the wider view of the economy as a whole. Though purely personally, 50% would be very good for me, it would blow the economy to smithereens, which wouldn't be good for me. Overall, I suspect that a gentle rise would be best,

Peter.

Exactly. Although I would love interest rates to rise by .50 for my savings which are suffering miserably with these low rates. I do not want the economy to go completely haywire in a couple of months since I still have some shares. Basically I have many interests(none of which are property now) so a .25 rise is more sensible for me.

We won't see it though, the BoE have been behaving cowardly for years now. <_<

inflation is 8%.period. I don't care what anybody says. inflation is 8%.

Halifax lie about hpi. governement lie about everything. garages lie.

everybody lies. that's life.

Who's manathome, anybody on here, by any chance?

"Increasing rates half a point per month until end of the year should get things back under control "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=89038

a bit drastic.....

ManAtHome

Regular MoneySaver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BoE needs to act fast now we're back to 20%+ house inflation what with fuel prices and general inflation on the up and improvements in the manufacturing sector. Increasing rates half a point per month until end of the year should get things back under control

Edited by pop