House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LumpHammer

Estate Agents Removing Listings

Hello,

Recently i have heard of two people (one a relatively close friend) who have had their houses removed from the market by estate agents.

One has been told that as they are not prepared to drop the asking price, it is not an effective use of the agents time to continue listing the house. The other has had thier house "accidentally" removed from listings by the agent, who showed no interest in re-listing the house once the error had been spotted.

The first person has had several viewings and one -15% offer (which was refused by the seller), the other has had several viewings but no offers.

Regards

Hello,

Recently i have heard of two people (one a relatively close friend) who have had their houses removed from the market by estate agents.

One has been told that as they are not prepared to drop the asking price, it is not an effective use of the agents time to continue listing the house. The other has had thier house "accidentally" removed from listings by the agent, who showed no interest in re-listing the house once the error had been spotted.

The first person has had several viewings and one -15% offer (which was refused by the seller), the other has had several viewings but no offers.

Regards

The Estate agents play many games in their efforts to sell anything. Listing de-listing and re-listing as 'new' is rife. Sometimes they are happy to have an overpriced home on the books, just so they can point out what good value something else is. Buyers should do plenty of homework on actual sold prices before making offers. Peferably they should stay away from the market for 18 months from now to ensure its collapse to sensibel prices - 25-40% off current prices.

Hello,

Regards

Once happened to a mate of mine who had his property up for sale for literally years with one firm until eventually the agent persuaded him to divest himself of their services. Apparently the property was becoming an embarrassment to them in their head office sales stats.

I've read of a couple of people on MSE who were trying to change agents but the new agent refused to list the property unless the price was dropped. In one case by 10%. There's no point of an EA doing the work to list a property and paying for advertising when they don't think they will get a sale in a falling Market.

Hopefully we will see more of this.

The latest trend I've noticed (mainly looking in North London) is a wave of houses being dropped from say '1.2m to Offers in excess of 1m'.

As I've seen it over and over from the same 2 or 3 agents, I guess they're using it as a technique to persuade sellers to lower prices.

The latest trend I've noticed (mainly looking in North London) is a wave of houses being dropped from say '1.2m to Offers in excess of 1m'.

As I've seen it over and over from the same 2 or 3 agents, I guess they're using it as a technique to persuade sellers to lower prices.

Not looking at that range but yes that seems to be the tactic at the moment, there few places that are dropping are doing this, drop by 10-15K but add offers in excess of.

Totally pointless in my opinion as personally I just won't bother making one at all because it means the person is unwilling to negotiate.

One I'm looking at went from 209 to offers over 200.

That looks like the same thing to me!

tim

Another 'Fixed Price' cropped up on RM in Swansea this week - totally pointless IMPO as, as you say, house prices are negotiable on what someone will pay for it and not what any seller or EA thinks it will sell for.

One I'm looking at went from 209 to offers over 200.

That looks like the same thing to me!

tim

Same here - FP 510K "reduced" to OIEO499K.....

....after 6 months on the market. Though might as well stick on the market in quotations too because it's about 150k overpriced.