House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
29929BlackTuesday

Location Now.....aaaarrggghhh!

Phil has just said "The market is red-hot and they (desperate ftb's) need to act fast!" Why is that Phil?

Is this a tired old repeat or is it current? If it's current then on that basis I am perfectly happy to say in public:

Phil...you are a liar.

edit: I see it was an oldie (see above)....but still happy to stick to my guns!

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

Phil has just said "The market is red-hot and they (desperate ftb's) need to act fast!"

Jesus, that guy just won't give up will he. He's like a dog turd that you can't scrape off your shoe; you think you've got rid of him but, no, there he is, still grinning his slaphead grin and spouting EA-esque sh1te.

Is this a tired old repeat or is it current? If it's current then on that basis I am perfectly happy to say in public:

Phil...you are a liar.

VP

You really have to add an aside to the programme if you are broadcasting a year and a completely different market down the line.

You really have to add an aside to the programme if you are broadcasting a year and a completely different market down the line.

As much as it pains me i did see kirtsy on an interview saying that she wished they would let people know that it was filmed ages ago because its a differnt market now.

I would imagine its the same with phil, the broadcasting company dosnt perticulally care if they make phil + kirsty look bad as long as they give home owners there standard "houses are up" fix.

I was just having a snoop around the Channel 4 website discussing FTBs and this article goes into the problems for FTBs and this was when the average house price (Nationwide) was £118K !

The last Nationwide report put the average at £157K.

Phil & Kirstie point to a £10k profit in 5 months, but Johnathan and Lucy are the unfortunate ones who bought near the top of peak :unsure:

dfhqc0.png

(machen CF83, semi)

Edited by spline

This one fits, but other than that ... anyone else know?

23/07/2004

£150,000

Semi

29, Wyndham Street, Machen, Caerphilly, CF83 8PU

Edit: CONFIRMED by electoral roll, 192.com B)

Edited by spline

This one fits, but other than that ... anyone else know?

23/07/2004

£150,000

Semi

29, Wyndham Street, Machen, Caerphilly, CF83 8PU

According to Rightmove:-

17 Dec 2004 21 Wyndham Street, Machen, Caerphilly,Caerphilly CF83 8PU Terraced £95,000 FH 

06 May 2004 19 Wyndham Street, Machen, Caerphilly,Caerphilly CF83 8PU Terraced £114,000 FH 

04 May 2004 28 Wyndham Street, Machen, Caerphilly,Caerphilly CF83 8PU Terraced £130,000 FH

libitina - yup, it's also on rightmove ... not easy to see on TV, but it's a semi-det. :)

Edit: added recent sales (right move)

23 Jul 2004, 29 Wyndham Street, CF83 8PU, Semi-Detached, £150,000

14 Apr 2004, 17 Wyndham Street, CF83 8PU, Semi-Detached, £104,950

07 Apr 2004, 20 Wyndham Street, CF83 8PU, Semi-Detached, £75,000

30 May 2003, 1 Wyndham Street, CF83 8PU, Semi-Detached, £80,775

Edited by spline

Didn't know it was filmed some time ago - switched on after it had started. But isn't that the point? If you missed the start and you were gullible then you could be harried into making a really bad decision couldn't you?

I was almost out of the front door with my cheque book but stopped just in time. Phew!

Guest Bart of Darkness
Phil has just said "The market is red-hot and they (desperate ftb's) need to act fast!"

Good advice (if it were still 2001 or 2002!)

Where is the sense of outrage at this blatant boosterism, where?. These people placed a deposit of £15,000 on the property I guess they are now in negative equity, Phil coolly remarks that the market has increased by 92% in three years( that was 2004) and never stops to comment on why this is the case.

In the meantime the finishing school drop out (Kirsty) goes shopping with a women who burst into tears with joy when she is shown the house, having lived above a pub with three young kids.

Oooooooooooooooooooooh the humanity!.

Guest Daddy Bear

I was passing an estate agent's the other day (in Leeds - actually just opposite the infamous Hendy's EA) and this woman was exclaiming to her husband with glee at how much all the houses in her street had gone up. She must have been planning what she was going to buy with her new found equity wealth. i could'nt help mysef so I stopped and gave her a dire warning of edge of a huge debt...precipice....bubble burst....negative equity....gloom...gloom...etc.

Her reply? "Don't be so silly the government won't let that happen this time.....they can't.......can they?"

so there .....you lot are all silly billy's - the government won't allow a crash so I suggest we close this site down and pack up and leave.....anyone not on the property laddewr....too late you missed the boat and you will never get another chance...... Golden Brown will save the day!!! YIPEE

DB