House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail Liebenstein

A Pulse Wasn't Needed To Buy A House....merged

Is that the google streetmap pic of the house too?

You're right! I was going to say £800K is a crazy price but the house is actually wider than the photo sugggests, so it's actually a bargain :blink:

"In a statement read to the court, Mr Allfort said: 'After finishing the viewing I went outside with the applicants to say goodbye. I then went back into the property because something didn't seem right."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1312356/Owner-lay-dead-couch-buyers-shown-round-Notting-Hill-home.html#ixzz0zg1dDIKu

Notice the choice of phrase, "applicants". They're not referred to as buyers. They are not even potential customers, they are applicants. I suppose they should have considered themselves lucky to be deemed worthy of being selected for a viewing. Then they can apply to buy the house.

It says so much about the mindset of the EA.

This weasel's name has been noted, and he'll be amongst the first against the wall when the revolution comes.........

Notice the choice of phrase, "applicants". They're not referred to as buyers. They are not even potential customers, they are applicants. I suppose they should have considered themselves lucky to be deemed worthy of being selected for a viewing.

:lol:

Number 14 which houseprices.co.uk suggests has been separated into flats. Flat1, selling at the beginning of 2007 for £340,000.

Peak price for a house on that street is £825,000 in 2006. No.11 opposite doesn't look too different from the house in photo except for the pebble dash. It sold for £500,000 in 2009.

Notice the choice of phrase, "applicants". They're not referred to as buyers. They are not even potential customers, they are applicants. I suppose they should have considered themselves lucky to be deemed worthy of being selected for a viewing. Then they can apply to buy the house.

It says so much about the mindset of the EA.

This weasel's name has been noted, and he'll be amongst the first against the wall when the revolution comes.........

Classic narcissistic estate agent behaviour.

That's normal for them.

An estate agent showed prospective buyers around an £800,000 house while the owner lay dead on her sofa, an inquest heard yesterday.

The agent, Samuel Allfort, said he had assumed the 55-year-old woman was sleeping and continued with the pre-arranged viewing.

The Marsh & Parsons employee even left the living room to view last in case she awoke in time to meet the buyers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1312356/Owner-lay-dead-couch-buyers-shown-round-Notting-Hill-home.html#ixzz0zgSTPG9A

Had to check, double check and triple check, as my brain refused to believe what my eyes were seeing.

£800,000.00 for that? Unbelievable.

article-1312356-0B34013C000005DC-142_468x641.jpg

Edited by Dan1

Shades of Fawlty Towers "I don't think to myself theres another one gone, this is a hotel not the Burma Railway!" :D

The place pictured looks like the kind of building some of my Aunts and Uncles used to rent from the Council, about 40 years ago!

Edited by madpenguin

A few years ago one of the Birmingham auction houses sold a house that was in a very bad state, had no access to the upstairs. Someone bought it and found someone dead on a bed upstairs, the body had been there 2 years. Imagine walking in on that.

Wife viewing property:

Darling.. I think something is wrong - look over there.. yellow, clammy skin, vacant stare, mouth wide open, dribbling,

no sign of breathing or emotions. I think...

Husband: .. Never mind the estate agent dear, I'm more worried at that poor stiff lying on the couch.

Wife viewing property:

Darling.. I think something is wrong - look over there.. yellow, clammy skin, vacant stare, mouth wide open, dribbling,

Husband: .. Never mind the estate agent dear, I'm more worried at that poor stiff lying on the couch.

Wife viewing property:

:lol::lol:

Number 14 which houseprices.co.uk suggests has been separated into flats. Flat1, selling at the beginning of 2007 for £340,000.

Peak price for a house on that street is £825,000 in 2006. No.11 opposite doesn't look too different from the house in photo except for the pebble dash. It sold for £500,000 in 2009.

Odd.

I looked it up on the land registry and came up with this:

Your enquiry has found 3 properties - the results are listed below.
You may wish to modify your search or make a new enquiry.
Properties that exactly match 14, W11 4BP:
14, Treadgold Street, London, W11 4BP
Tenure: Freehold Price Paid/Value Stated Data: No
* (1)
Properties that are similar to 14, W11 4BP:
Flat 1, 14, Treadgold Street, London, W11 4BP
Tenure: Leasehold Price Paid/Value Stated Data: Yes
* (1)
Flat 2, 14, Treadgold Street, London, W11 4BP
Tenure: Leasehold Price Paid/Value Stated Data: No
* (1)

Maybe it is actually designated as 2 flats and they're trying to sell the whole thing.

Can't find it on the Marsh & Parsons website - I wonder if it was there before and they've taken it down. :lol:

On my way home tonight I cycled past the house, and -

The lights are on and there's a board outside saying 'Let and Managed by Marsh & Parsons'.

Well, that was fast!