House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
roblpm

Metro Mentions The C Word

Haven't got a copy but today's Scottish version of the Metro (free rag handed out to commuters) had an article along the lines of "prices up in suburban and rural Scotland depsite the Crash in the cities."

Edited by roblpm

My North East England copy had 'Should We Be Worried About Property Prices ? See page

39' at the top of the front page today. Page 39 was the dating page, and the article wasn't to be found elsewhere.

Pent

Haven't got a copy but today's Scottish version of the Metro (free rag handed out to commuters) had an article along the lines of "prices up in suburban and rural Scotland depsite the Crash in the cities."

Wowzer! If you read the Herald at all, their property section has gone into overdrive, milking the bubble up here for all its worth. I wonder if they will keep printing their property mag when the fall spreads to all areas or whether it will be absorbed back into the paper?

Bellshill for thrills eh? ;)

Yup, I picked up a copy of the Glasgow Metro and your info is spot on... they've used the words 'property crash'! Prices still rising in Scotland but 14 months of decline south of the border (which will put a smile on lots of Scottish faces! :P )

Yup,  I picked up a copy of the Glasgow Metro and your info is spot on... they've used the words 'property crash'!  Prices still rising in Scotland but 14 months of decline south of the border (which will put a smile on lots of Scottish faces! :P )

Well, I'm happy for my English cousins. I just wish we'd had 14 months of falling prices in Scotland too! :lol:

NDL

I thought you meant another word.

Talking of the Metro, I wrote a very witty :P 'letter' on the day of Lord Watson's guilty plea for being an ars-onist, which went like this:

Does anyone else think it's curtains for Mike Watson MSP?

They didn't think it was very funny cos they didn't publish it. Yet the very next day, the Day Late Record has the word "Curtains" as its front page headline with a picture of Mike Watson's face sticking out through the middle of a pair of stage curtains.

How come it's good enough for the Day Late Record and not for me? :angry:

Angry of Glasgow.