House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gone baby gone

Arriving At Heathrow "like Landing In A Third World Country"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11317441

Pope aide pulls out of trip after 'Third World' jibe

The Vatican said the cardinal was pulling out of the visit solely on health grounds

A senior Papal adviser has pulled out of the Pope's UK visit after saying arriving at Heathrow airport was like landing in a "Third World" country.

Cardinal Walter Kasper reportedly told a German magazine the UK was marked by "a new and aggressive atheism".

The Vatican said the 77-year-old cardinal had not intended "any kind of slight", and was referring to the UK's multicultural society.

It added that he had simply pulled out of the Pope's visit due to illness.

They are saying it is ill health, but I wonder if that is the fact. I wonder if he has been dropped because he is an embarrassment”

The German-born cardinal was quoted as saying to the country's Focus magazine that "when you land at Heathrow you think at times you have landed in a Third World country".

Every I time I used to land at Heathrow I felt like I was arriving in a third world country. The place is a confusing hotch-potch of various buildings, with low, labyrinthine corridors and staff who couldn't give a toss.

Now I fly to London City or Gatwick instead.

If it were up to the vatican, he'd be catching a galleon to arrive at Dover, where he'd be greeted by ragged suplicants. Missionaries have been working in the 3rd world for hundreds of years; and what did they do to change it?Nothing, cos that's the way they like it. Poor, supersticious, gullible. And plenty of feral toddlers and pre-teens. Make sure you ban contraception. Don't want a supply shortage. ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11317441

Every I time I used to land at Heathrow I felt like I was arriving in a third world country. The place is a confusing hotch-potch of various buildings, with low, labyrinthine corridors and staff who couldn't give a toss.

Now I fly to London City or Gatwick instead.

According to the Vatican response his comments were not about the state of the airport, more about the state of the people going through (ie very mixed and multicultural).

Way to go with making the comments even more inflammatory, Vatican press officers!

UK airports all have this effect on me.

Manchester for instance vs CDG which has a nice curved roof is ok, HKG is just a bloody warehouse. Though HKG is offset by the fact that beers are amazingly cheap for an airport and they have free wifi... IIRC Seoul, Tokyo, Osaka, Singapore, Abu Dahabi, Doha, Hamburg all had free wifi.

British airports have £5 for an hour screens when you try to log onto it, or £1 for 5 minute internet access terminals which censor EVERYTHING.

Well thats one less paedo kids dont have to worry about isn't it.

:ph34r: seriously, until this religous cult is brought to justice and shown to be the hypocritical filth they really are, our justice system, and the European justice system has a lot to answer for.

Basically they are above the law arn't they?

According to the Vatican response his comments were not about the state of the airport, more about the state of the people going through (ie very mixed and multicultural).

Way to go with making the comments even more inflammatory, Vatican press officers!

Fortunately, all Catholics are white.

Oh, wait a minute.. :huh:

At least he is being honest. Heathrow is like being in the third world. Most of the staff cannot even speak english.

At least he is being honest. Heathrow is like being in the third world. Most of the staff cannot even speak english.

It's like India! Nobody speaks english there.

I passed by a catholic church today - they have their papal banners and bunting out, looked very jolly and ... quiet.

This country is a shithole - selfish and barbaric.

And many of the visitors use the toilets standing on the seat, like the squat toilets they have back home....

It's like India! Nobody speaks english there.

I passed by a catholic church today - they have their papal banners and bunting out, looked very jolly and ... quiet.

This country is a shithole - selfish and barbaric.

I find it's what you make of it..... it seem's you do as well.

Of course, I live in Scotland, so have a natural advantage :lol:

wrt the cardinals comments, who cares? His comments are what I've come to expect from that slow-dying club for masochists/sadists.

Third World Country it makes you think when you see how morals are going downhill.

Returning from Norfolk today I actually saw a cow attempting to mount a bull in a field. :blink:

What animals!:o

Yes, in a sense Britain is like a third world country, the key difference being that thousands of people aren't dying of AIDS every day because some mad old ******er in a pointy hat told them that johnny bags are made by Lucifer."

Shamelessly stolen from the Mash....

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/queen-to-have-lunch-with-insane-criminal-201009163093/

Well thats one less paedo kids dont have to worry about isn't it.

:ph34r: seriously, until this religous cult is brought to justice and shown to be the hypocritical filth they really are, our justice system, and the European justice system has a lot to answer for.

Basically they are above the law arn't they?

An interesting juxtaposition of a sensible post above a "dontvotelabour" logo.Especially as Tory Chairperson Baroness Bongobongo declared " Labour don't do God, we are the party of religion" Which one though? Her lot are all aspiring BALPA members.

Heathrow is like a third world country. Not the people as such, but the mess, overcrowding, noise, uncleanliness, and disorganised congestion. Its a dump.

And given that anyone who admits this is roundly ridiculed by the PTB tells me its only going to get worse.

Heathrow is like a third world country. Not the people as such, but the mess, overcrowding, noise, uncleanliness, and disorganised congestion. Its a dump.

And given that anyone who admits this is roundly ridiculed by the PTB tells me its only going to get worse.

You should see Chingis Khan international airport, its just a barn next to a runway... the regional airports/heliports are pretty much even more basic.

The bad rep though is that it is drab and horribly understaffed, immigration queues which are insanely long because of the low numbers of staff employed. And also the fact that you often come into a rainy country where many other things are drab... to add insult to injury the throwers will jump up and down on your luggage and will steal from it.

I've had my luggage peed on, and trashed many times which is why I travel ultra light no more than a single small sized rucksack.

Airports are horrible places. However I was at one recently that was totaly chilled out and relaxed. Made a huge difference and I didn't actually mind being there. St Louis International.

If you think Heathrow is like a Third World country, try the flagship Primark store in Oxford Street.

I'd heard they had cheap clothes so went to look for a cardie as I couldn't find one in the charity shops.

Good God. Never again!