House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

City Council Tosspots

I rent an office for my business through a private property company and alongside my lease, I rent a car parking space from the same private property management company. the space is on private property belonging to the property company.

Yesterday, I had an envelope under my wiper which contained a letter from the city council requesting I contact them as the space is declared as empty.

What business is it of theirs? is this a rates valuation excercise?

sneaky ******wit leaches, I hate the council.

To be fair it souns like you should perhaps be pissed off at the property company and not the council.

If it is declared as empty then surely they are just doing their job ? I assume there is some sort of benefit to the company to declare it as empty - otherwise why would they do it....

To be fair it souns like you should perhaps be pissed off at the property company and not the council.

If it is declared as empty then surely they are just doing their job ? I assume there is some sort of benefit to the company to declare it as empty - otherwise why would they do it....

I'm just wondering what a parking space on private land owned by a private property company has to do with the council.

Darn it. I needed something to justifiably outrage me today and I thought this was it. I'm off to read the mail.

You don't find the fact that they can tax you for parking at work justifiably outraging? blink.gif