House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Don't Surf

South West House Prices Fall For The Second Month In A Row

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/business/SW-house-prices-fall-second-month-row/article-2643985-detail/article.html

HOUSE prices dropped for the second consecutive month in the South West but are leading to a rise in sales expectations, according to a new report.

Yet a few paragraphs later:

Buyer demand, measured by new buyer inquiries, fell slightly in the region from minus five to minus-6 per cent

So, prices and interest down! Bring it on

I was talking to an EA today (Truro). Apparently prices have only risen and business is booming :blink:

They always talk like that around here - I have never come across one of those humane and honest EAs that other posters on this site seem to come across.

I was talking to an EA today (Truro). Apparently prices have only risen and business is booming :blink:

They always talk like that around here - I have never come across one of those humane and honest EAs that other posters on this site seem to come across.

Well 25 miles down the road in Penzance prices are definitely heading south. Most of the places I'm watching on RM are around 10% down. Also, my cousin had a house for sale in Truro, it has now been taken off the market and rented after 9 months on the market.

Sounds like your EA may live in a parallel universe

Must have been Lillicrap Chilcott - the bulliest bulls in Cornwall. ("Which one's Lilli, and which one's Crap", as my neighbour says)

How come they are slashing 10% plus off prices then? Almost nothing is shifting.

Must have been Lillicrap Chilcott - the bulliest bulls in Cornwall. ("Which one's Lilli, and which one's Crap", as my neighbour says)

How come they are slashing 10% plus off prices then? Almost nothing is shifting.

I rented from one of the Lillicraps for a couple of years: Total @s-O- I understand that there are lots of Lillicraps around and one may not be representative of the others (though they might judging by your comments). I would love to see them string themselves up with their own rope.

Well 25 miles down the road in Penzance prices are definitely heading south. Most of the places I'm watching on RM are around 10% down. Also, my cousin had a house for sale in Truro, it has now been taken off the market and rented after 9 months on the market.

Sounds like your EA may live in a parallel universe

I think it has something to do with Truro being a very wealthy area, especially brass plate land of Lemon Street - money makes people very arrogant and unfeeling (IMO).

:) you have made my morning, thanks for that. I think you are not alone in that wish.

My pleasure :) I'll be happy to report back when I see progress on this front.