House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Olebrum

I Wonder How Well He Is Paid

Guest eight

A job with a nice view.

Holey freakin' moley.

Just so that the likes of X-Factor can be broadcast. What a waste of human endeavour.

eight

They don't attach themselves when they are climbing! I know its easy climbing, but one slip!!!

That is just suicidal. I could not watch to the end of that as the urge I had to 'jump' was incredible.

I am fascinated how they actually build these things though?

They don't attach themselves when they are climbing! I know its easy climbing, but one slip!!!

Did you actually watch it? Several stops for hookups.

Did you actually watch it? Several stops for hookups.

Yes of course I watched it. Stopping for a hook up is different from being permanently attached whilst climbing. The climbing bit was done without being attached. Did you actually watch it?

Yes of course I watched it. Stopping for a hook up is different from being permanently attached whilst climbing. The climbing bit was done without being attached. Did you actually watch it?

Yes, and the so-called hook-up was an enormous karabiner which he just lopped around an open-ended metal rung.

I couldn't make the first 10 feet.

Used to have a head for heights. Lost it after a scaffold collapsed on me. Didn't fall far and wasn't really hurt but since then, my knees start shaking at about 6 feet. Even got shaky legs on a couple of big hills in the Lakes in the summer.

Respect to those crazy fellas. It does seem incredible that they are allowed to free climb in this Health and Safety obsessed age.

Guest eight

I couldn't make the first 10 feet.

Used to have a head for heights. Lost it after a scaffold collapsed on me. Didn't fall far and wasn't really hurt but since then, my knees start shaking at about 6 feet. Even got shaky legs on a couple of big hills in the Lakes in the summer.

Respect to those crazy fellas. It does seem incredible that they are allowed to free climb in this Health and Safety obsessed age.

Health and Safety is rightly chucked out of the window when something needs doing and there's no easy way. Hard cash is the usual compensation.

Have you seen those nutters who lean out of helicopters to clean power lines?

eight