House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Elephant_In_The_Room

Who Are You And What Do You Do

I am so curious as to what HPC'ers do and who they are.

Judging by the threads I read, they can't be any of the following

BTL

Banker

Homeowner

Public sector worker

Old/pensioner

Benefit claimaint

Labour voter

So, am I to assume that you're all young, hard working, innovative, private sector good citizens who will never grow old and be a burden, never own more than one house and never be selfish enough to earn a lot of money in your lifetime and leave it to your kids?

I am so curious as to what HPC'ers do and who they are.

Judging by the threads I read, they can't be any of the following

BTL

Banker

Homeowner

Public sector worker

Old/pensioner

Benefit claimaint

Labour voter

So, am I to assume that you're all young, hard working, innovative, private sector good citizens who will never grow old and be a burden, never own more than one house and never be selfish enough to earn a lot of money in your lifetime and leave it to your kids?

Wow thats an old chesnut arguement isn't it? I thought we killed these ones years ago.

In effect you are using the you'll get old/unemployed whatever one day therefore you must allow us to leech so in the future you can leech too..

The problem is once it is the turn of many other people to feed at the teet which so many others have done there is going to be nothing left to feed on..

It is like paying for pensions pyramid scheme, people get paid NOW, and people pay into it, but when they come to retire there will be nothing left... ergo people have to pay twice.

Such things are usually not too much of a problem if controlled, the problem is the thing having it's blood sucked is completely covered in leeches meaning the host is being killed by all of the taxes which need to be paid in order to feed the above.

A dead host eventually kills all the parasites too.

There are HPC regulars who profess themselves each the things you've mentioned.

You've evidently just identified your own sensitivities (and I expect you found a joker or two to add to the list). Feel under attack?

Since you ask...

BTL - NO

Banker - NO

Homeowner - Not Currently, renting makes much more sense in this economic climate.

Public sector worker - NO

Old/pensioner - Retired (in mid 50s) on private pension and savings after selling business.

Benefit claimaint - NEVER

Labour voter - NEVER

You've evidently just identified your own sensitivities (and I expect you found a joker or two to add to the list). Feel under attack?

I can actually claim to be none of the above.... these days I am so much more nilhlistic than other people. I only do things to do other things, i.e sell my soul to a corporation to get money to do other things.

Really?

and yet there is an endless supply of hate threads for those listed groups.

So HPC'ers hate themselves?

(I have to admit to laughing at younger people who bash the old......because they have some alternative plan right?)

BTL - yes and no. Mostly no.

Banker - not a banker, but have been an investor

Homeowner - yes, paid for in cash

Public sector worker - no

Old/pensioner - not even close yet

Benefit claimaint - no, but wouldn't be ashamed to take as much as I could, based on the amount of tax I've paid.

Labour voter - never, ever, ever.

Do I get a lollipop now?

Wow thats an old chesnut arguement isn't it? I thought we killed these ones years ago.

In effect you are using the you'll get old/unemployed whatever one day therefore you must allow us to leech so in the future you can leech too..

The problem is once it is the turn of many other people to feed at the teet which so many others have done there is going to be nothing left to feed on..

It is like paying for pensions pyramid scheme, people get paid NOW, and people pay into it, but when they come to retire there will be nothing left... ergo people have to pay twice.

Such things are usually not too much of a problem if controlled, the problem is the thing having it's blood sucked is completely covered in leeches meaning the host is being killed by all of the taxes which need to be paid in order to feed the above.

A dead host eventually kills all the parasites too.

Ken......'dead parasites'........BRING IT ON!

(I have to admit to laughing at younger people who bash the old......because they have some alternative plan right?)

Of course.... what a lot of ha you're trapped types! Fail to realise is that people are exceptionally mobile these days. Virtually to the point where citizenship is meaningless. DrBubb, Kurt, expatowner, gleeful expat etc to name a few, they simply got up and moved away....

My own circumstances are similar..... if it wasn't for this damned chippy which was reneged upon I'd be gone. I've gone and gotten myself a temp job which will last till February the pay is OK, once that is over I can go join parry for a bit.

What a ridiculous statement, are you a fool or just trolling?

No I just don't believe that so many HPC'ers fall into none of those categories, yet every day (or every other day) there's a "public sector must burn" or "boomers must be die" type of thread.

No I just don't believe that so many HPC'ers fall into none of those categories, yet every day (or every other day) there's a "public sector must burn" or "boomers must be die" type of thread.

So you lump all the individuals that post on this forum together as though they are one :rolleyes:.

Keep on trolling :rolleyes:.

So you lump all the individuals that post on this forum together as though they are one rolleyes.gif.

Keep on trolling rolleyes.gif.

Lumping together like all public sector workers or old people, you mean?

Lumping together like all public sector workers or old people, you mean?

Why is it that trolls always miss the point :rolleyes:.

Yes, you win, every member of this forum lumps all public sector workers together. Happy now?

You do realise 'Bashing the old' and 'Boomers must die' are completely unrelated ?

The boomers just happen to be 'old' now - that is all.

BTL - No

Banker-No

Public Sector No- Though Mrs P is a teacher

Old/pensioner-No

Claimant-No

Labour voter- Always at GE but not Council/Euro

Homeowner - Yes until last July.Money salted away until the price is right.

BTL - No

Banker-No

Public Sector No- Though Mrs P is a teacher

Old/pensioner-No

Claimant-No

Labour voter- Always at GE but not Council/Euro

Homeowner - Yes until last July.Money salted away until the price is right.

burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026.jpg

Why is it that trolls always miss the point rolleyes.gif.

Yes, you win, every member of this forum lumps all public sector workers together. Happy now?

yes, I'm a troll if you say so. rolleyes.gif

You're a joke. I've earned a place on your "ones to watch" sig because I started a thread that you miscomprehended.

rolleyes.gif

yes, I'm a troll if you say so. rolleyes.gif

You're a joke. I've earned a place on your "ones to watch" sig because I started a thread that you miscomprehended.

rolleyes.gif

I've been watching you for months, sunshine.

What's good for the goose...

Looking at your join date and post count I can see that you really do like to engage in menaingful debate

or is this your troll account?

You post on a site where essentially most of the posters are hoping for a reduction in house prices to a more affordable level and you wonder why more of them are not:

BTL - Multiple home owners

Banker- Loaded

Public Sector - Stable jobs, good pensions, better paid than private sector.

old/pensioner - (not sure where you get this one)

Claimant - Immune to housing market costs

Labour voter - Stupid.

Do you need to have a longer think about this?

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

I've been watching you for months, sunshine.

What's good for the goose...

Are you a mod?huh.gif

I ask because it seems a strange comment to make, to admit to monitoring someone over such a long period -unless of course you have had many run-ins before with EitR.

I have had run-ins with several less-than-admirable personages on here - but I don't watch them: I put them on ignore.

I suggest you try that, it is less aggravating.cool.gif

Are you a mod?huh.gif

I ask because it seems a strange comment to make, to admit to monitoring someone over such a long period -unless of course you have had many run-ins before with EitR.

I have had run-ins with several less-than-admirable personages on here - but I don't watch them: I put them on ignore.

I suggest you try that, it is less aggravating.cool.gif

I watch them because it amuses me to do so :D.

I watch them because it amuses me to do so :D.

Gosh, being retired and having the amount of money you claim to have, you seem to have very restrained sources of amusement.