House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DontCareBear

Let Rightmove Know What You Think Of Them!

Just saw this on the Rightmove site http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/ask-miles ... basically next week their commercial director (Miles) is taking questions off Facebook or Twitter.

Amusingly this is the latest Fb post

Keziah Chamberlain "Property Bee" gives me the best seat in the house so as to enjoy the collapse in house prices whilst munching popcorn.....

3 minutes ago

Plenty of scope to go and add your own!!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/ask-miles

Any suggestions on what to ask the estate agents messenger? Dont shoot the messenger though!

Amusingly have you seen the latest Facebook post on that page? Plenty scope to add your own|!!!

Keziah Chamberlain "Property Bee" gives me the best seat in the house so as to enjoy the collapse in house prices whilst munching popcorn.....

3 minutes ago

Just saw this on the Rightmove site http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/ask-miles ... basically next week their commercial director (Miles) is taking questions off Facebook or Twitter.

Amusingly this is the latest Fb post

3 minutes ago

Plenty of scope to go and add your own!!!

RM is pretty good and even provide free housing comparison data and allow property prices changes to be monitored.

Disliking RM for house price is like disliking the local papers for advertising houses..

Edited by easybetman

Maybe I should let Rightmove know what I think of that sleazy photograph of Miles Shipside. What sort of image is that supposed to project ?

He looks like he's been up for 3 days straight on a vodka and coke binge. And I don't mean the sugar-free kind, if I ain't being too subtle.

Someone should tell him to have a sh*t, a shower and a shave.

For buying RM is great, but for renting it's a pain.

Not separating out rooms in a shared house from fully self contained accommodation is a right pain.

And I think that people who classify a "studio" as a 1 bed flat should be strung up by the whatits.

tim

Maybe I should let Rightmove know what I think of that sleazy photograph of Miles Shipside. What sort of image is that supposed to project ?

He looks like he's been up for 3 days straight on a vodka and coke binge. And I don't mean the sugar-free kind, if I ain't being too subtle.

Someone should tell him to have a sh*t, a shower and a shave.

I was thinking the same thing -- maybe not in those exact words.

I was thinking the same thing -- maybe not in those exact words.

Well, okay, maybe I was being a little bit harsh. I just call it like I see it. :lol:

Seriously though, what sort of image is he trying to project ? Because it's just, like... well, I don't really know what it's like...

My main issue with rightmove is their delusional asking price index.

They only take new listings in the caluclations.

A more realistic measure would be to do the currentl asking price index.

They couldin fact do both and they we'd have a measure of how much the drops are % wise.

I dont think for one minute they dont already have the "currentl asking price index" calculated anyway.

The could also have the "sold at asking price index"to show sellers how they are off the pace.

Providing this info might encourage the market to get moving.

My main issue with rightmove is their delusional asking price index.

It's also because of houses like this:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=151111.

It only takes a small number of high priced houses (which never sell at that price) to be over priced by 500K, for the average asking price to be skewed 50K above average selling price.

IMHO Asking price surveys should be banned.

tim