House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Meanwhile Over At Mse

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2723369

"This is happening a lot more and more and should be made illegal!

Someone makes an offer on your house which you accept. When the chain is complete and you want to exchange contracts your buyer suddenly demands a reduction in the price or he pulls out! He will not negotiate with you!

If you are keen on having the house of your dreams and don't want the chain to break down, you have no option but to agree.

Anyone who does this has no morals and does not care one iota about you or anyone else. If you are brave enough to pull out and say no, he will move on to his next victim and will carry on until he gets his way! They don't seem to care that they've spent hundreds on a survey and wait until the last moment to get you!

Watch out - it's becoming quite popular with first time buyers! "

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They should make it illegal to try and rip people off selling them a house for twice what it's worth

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Laverly - might sit and have a read tonight.

As Men at Work might sing

"I'll come and I can Gazunder......

I'll knock you down and make you chunder.....

Can you hear, Can you hear the thunder

You'd better run, you'd better take cover!!

Yaaaaiii"

It is , but i reckon that most of these MSE threads that get linked to on here are started by people off here for a reaction.

OOOooh i hope so!!

Whats needed round here.....

What i do find ironic though is how on a forum called Money Saving Expert somebody is getting slagged off for trying to save money.

Yes it's quite bizarre that if people save money on buying a house somehow that's wrong.

You can bet your life that if these people where saving money on mortgage repayments or arrangement fees it would be back slaps all round, save money one the price of the house by using the leverage you've got of pulling out and suddenly it's lynching time.

What i do find ironic though is how on a forum called Money Saving Expert somebody is getting slagged off for trying to save money.

Get with it Grandad, they save money by spending! Sheesh! How many times!

Gazundenfreude ?

Edit:

Is this the same Hpc Hamish Mctavish whos' member status was changed to Troll?

Link to possibly relevant Hpc thread

quote Hamish Mctavish (on MSE)

This thread has been linked to from hpc......

So no wonder there has been so much support of a despicable act such as gazundering.

The Scottish system does not have this problem, as offers are legally binding. England should follow our lead in this regard.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I've been a long-standing (if not prolific) bear on here and I've always considered we've held the moral high-ground, and been proved right by correctly predicting the financial doom and subsequent crash.

The knowlege and wisdom gained on here helped me to avoid following the masses into financial ruin and buying in a housing bubble. When I finally made an offer on a house, it was a very low offer based on my expectations for a continued weakening in prices. However, when that offer was accepted, I felt that I had made a deal on a handshake, my word was my bond, and I went on to complete at the agreed price. I would not have dreamed of double-crossing the seller at the last minute before exchange, by lowering the offer.

Support for gazundering is nothing to do with the bulls vs bear argument - but its everything to do with the sort of person you are. Just because house prices have been forced to ridiculous levels by idiots (buyers, speculators, regulators, lenders and chancellors), does not make acceptable to con people. Championing gazundering substantially weakens the argument.

I've been a long-standing (if not prolific) bear on here and I've always considered we've held the moral high-ground, and been proved right by correctly predicting the financial doom and subsequent crash.

The knowlege and wisdom gained on here helped me to avoid following the masses into financial ruin and buying in a housing bubble. When I finally made an offer on a house, it was a very low offer based on my expectations for a continued weakening in prices. However, when that offer was accepted, I felt that I had made a deal on a handshake, my word was my bond, and I went on to complete at the agreed price. I would not have dreamed of double-crossing the seller at the last minute before exchange, by lowering the offer.

Support for gazundering is nothing to do with the bulls vs bear argument - but its everything to do with the sort of person you are. Just because house prices have been forced to ridiculous levels by idiots (buyers, speculators, regulators, lenders and chancellors), does not make acceptable to con people. Championing gazundering substantially weakens the argument.

Of course you are absolutely right....play by the rules and it will pay dividends, goes around comes around. ;)

Support for gazundering is nothing to do with the bulls vs bear argument - but its everything to do with the sort of person you are. Just because house prices have been forced to ridiculous levels by idiots (buyers, speculators, regulators, lenders and chancellors), does not make acceptable to con people.

Finally some ethics.

I'm all for low house prices, but lower it during the negotiation phase, don't be a tw4t at the end.

Edited by exiges

Finally some ethics.

I'm all for low house prices, but lower it during the negotiation phase, don't be a tw4t at the end.

I would love to know the proportion of guzumping on the way up relative to the proportion of gazundering on the way down.

I suspect that the problem is a function of the way that the market works here which gives people that chance to be greedy after they have agreed to a deal.

I do find it a bit disconcerting that the complaints about greed are assymetrical. If greed on the way up is acceptable, it is also acceptable on the way down.

I would love to know the proportion of guzumping on the way up relative to the proportion of gazundering on the way down.

I suspect that the problem is a function of the way that the market works here which gives people that chance to be greedy after they have agreed to a deal.

I do find it a bit disconcerting that the complaints about greed are assymetrical. If greed on the way up is acceptable, it is also acceptable on the way down.

True; whenever I heard a tale of gazumping, it was always the people who offered more money who came in for some stick.

I never remember anyone criticising the seller who'd felched on his word <_<

It's symptomatic of a broken society when a verbal promise no longer means anything :(