House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

headmelter

Primary School Dinners.

This is per week I trust?

No per dinner.

Ours went up to £2.60 per dinner this year. So £13.00 per week. :blink:

I think they are about £2.20, so with 3 kids that £33.00 per week.... or it would be if mine didn't have pack lunches everyday.

No per dinner.

Ours went up to £2.60 per dinner this year. So £13.00 per week. :blink:

What!? That's ridiculous. Oh well, I suppose it'll have to be sandwiches for my children then, like their father before them not rich enough for afford school dinners, not poor enough to be given them for free. Then same again for university grants, housing prospects and all the rest of it. Still, that's lower middle class life for you I suppose. May as well get used to it early if you're going to be carrying the free-loaders above and below for the rest of your life...

Guest eight

Not scientific just curious.

Not old enough for school dinners, but the little one's nursery fees (including dinners, I suppose) just went up 11%. I'm waiting for the parent's evening in a couple of weeks to quiz them about how they arrived at this figure.

eight

My children's school dinners is one of those places where I am not cost sensitive. Lunch for me costs a couple of quid at Pret, why should the children be any different? The 7 year old eats more than me for lunch, and the 5 year old isn't far behind. I don't eat crap factory farmed offcuts...I don't think they should either.

Not old enough for school dinners, but the little one's nursery fees (including dinners, I suppose) just went up 11%. I'm waiting for the parent's evening in a couple of weeks to quiz them about how they arrived at this figure.

Don't forget to mention that the "terrible specter" of deflation is what they be really concerned about.