House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Quokka

Going Home

"I was given this money and I bought the posh house in a posh area, but I think the people are all snobs.

Must be the lack of community spirt:

"You can't go next door for a cup of sugar or ask to lend a fiver here. They are too stuck up. There is no community spirit."

Oh, why's that?

"I think they judge (my son) because they have seen the revellers leaving my house at all times of the morning, witnessed fights and arguments and the police being called to sort things out.

Er... are you seeing a connection here?

"I will live a modest life on the money I get from the government. I'm not a worker, I've always been a sponger."

I'm normally a good little left winger, but this woman needs a good slap and a job. Circumstances be damned, she needs the state teat removing from her mouth and seeing how she survives on her fat aris then.

Guest Guy_Montag
I'm normally a good little left winger, but this woman needs a good slap and a job. Circumstances be damned, she needs the state teat removing from her mouth and seeing how she survives on her fat **** then.

Me too.

It really pisses me off how she has blown all of her winnings away and now is living off the tax payer.

This is the mind set of alot of people, "I'll spend it all, the govnernment will look after me".

The stupid bint!

But, I bet she couldn't live 'normally' as her own wouldn't accept her after being soooo rich!

It really pisses me off how she has blown all of her winnings away and now is living off the tax payer.

This is the mind set of alot of people, "I'll spend it all, the govnernment will look after me". 

The stupid bint!

But, I bet she couldn't live 'normally' as her own wouldn't accept her after being soooo rich!

I was shocked that she had blown the lot. When I think how others would have set themselves (and others) up for life with that money it makes me disappointed it didn't go to someone more responsible.

Such is life.

NDL

It is somewhat annoying, that after wasting a million pounds she is still able to claim the dole. If I leave my job voluntarily I wouldn't get anything, despite having paid my taxes.

Don't you think it's time that we had a new statistic for those that are 'unemployable'? Wasters like her could go on this, and be on some sort of other 'benefit' scheme, like one involving grafitti removal or picking chewing gum off the pavement with a lolly stick.

This would take pressure off the unemployment statistics while giving a useful barometer of how many of the population are totally economically useless.

It is somewhat annoying, that after wasting a million pounds she is still able to claim the dole. If I leave my job voluntarily I wouldn't get anything, despite having paid my taxes.

Good point. Exactly how _is_ she able to claim benefits now? Or is it all talk and she will get a shock when she goes to claim it?

I believe that a majority of people who win the Lotto end up back where they started after a number of years. I can't recall the specific number but it aint high.

My mate father won the lotto in a work syndicate. They paid off their house and continued working as per usual. The only thing that changed was the balance of power at his mums work. No longer could the boss threaten to sack her (RN in a nursing home) and thereby put her house at risk. So she only works OT when she wants / prepared to help as opposed to the YOU WILL WORK UNPAID OT of before.

Anyhow the other workers blew their money on flash cars and holidays. They are still wage slaves. :rolleyes:

If I won lotto i'd buy a house and a late model reliable car. I'd think long and hard about what I'd do with the rest and would consider it a bonus. After all it's the house thats the real big ticket item in the average persons life