House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

D C L G Turns Negative--At Last!

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/house-prices-up-8-4-percent-in-july-dclg-reuters_molt-b9150e73e489.html?x=0

House prices up 8.4 percent in July - DCLG
.9:38, Tuesday 14 September 2010
LONDON (
Reuters
) - House prices in Britain rose 8.4 percent on the year in July, down from a 9.9 percent gain in June, government data showed on Tuesday.
The Department for Communities and Local Government said house prices fell 0.3 percent on the month, after June's 0.4 percent gain.

Looks like Halifax are the only ones saying the house market is actually improving as prices rise and FTBs come back into the market. I think they might be fibbing.

Anything under 1% is differcult to measure, so a wouldn't be shocked to find at the tipping point (which we are at) some say prices up & other prices DOWN!

Mike

Anything under 1% is differcult to measure, so a wouldn't be shocked to find at the tipping point (which we are at) some say prices up & other prices DOWN!

Mike

Most say down now. Think it's just land reg and Halifax up MoM

Looks like Halifax are the only ones saying the house market is actually improving as prices rise and FTBs come back into the market. I think they might be fibbing.

They are smoking wacky baccy me thinks...

Any FTB buying now needs a good wakeup slap.

Why do we need DCLG to produce house price surveys? I would have thought this would be an ideal public sector cost saving. We already have an "official" survey from the LR, we don't need this one - it's a cr@p lagging indicator anyway.

Why do we need DCLG to produce house price surveys? I would have thought this would be an ideal public sector cost saving. We already have an "official" survey from the LR, we don't need this one - it's a cr@p lagging indicator anyway.

I believe it is being reviewed soon. (probably even sooner now it's showing nasty figures!)