House Price Crash Forum

If Ever There Was Any Doubt That We're America's Bitch Now

Executive Sadman

HOLA441

A British teenager has been banned from America for life for sending Barack Obama an abusive email, in which he calls the President a p***k.

Luke Angel, 17, insulted Mr Obama while drunk after watching a programme about the 9/11 attacks on the U.S.

Angel was reprimanded by police on both sides of the Atlantic after firing off the message to the White House.

The FBI intercepted the message and contacted police in the UK who went to see Mr Angel at his home in Silsoe, Bedfordshire.

The college student is now on a list of people who are banned from visiting the States.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311701/Brit-17-banned-America-sending-Barack-Obama-abusive-e-mail.html

Im intrigued, how many insulting emails did Bush get? My guess would be a lot more than one.

Either Obama really is shocked someone doesnt like him with all the force of the mainstream media on his side or the Presidency is going to his head, Stalin style.

Prepare yourselves, dissenting americans.

HOLA442

A British teenager has been banned from America for life for sending Barack Obama an abusive email, in which he calls the President a p***k.

Luke Angel, 17, insulted Mr Obama while drunk after watching a programme about the 9/11 attacks on the U.S.

Angel was reprimanded by police on both sides of the Atlantic after firing off the message to the White House.

The FBI intercepted the message and contacted police in the UK who went to see Mr Angel at his home in Silsoe, Bedfordshire.

The college student is now on a list of people who are banned from visiting the States.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311701/Brit-17-banned-America-sending-Barack-Obama-abusive-e-mail.html

Im intrigued, how many insulting emails did Bush get? My guess would be a lot more than one.

Either Obama really is shocked someone doesnt like him with all the force of the mainstream media on his side or the Presidency is going to his head, Stalin style.

Wasn't someone arrested for threatening Bush on the internet or in an e-mail? Scary stuff.

HOLA443

Now he is not a US citizen so they can really do as they wish. However just how many of these are they breaking, even if it is just morally and not legally.

HOLA444

I guess it depends. I've not seen the email. However:

If it was in any way threatening, I can see their point.

If it was abusive of the office of the President, or their system of governance, I can also see their point, even though I may not agree. But it's their country, why should they allow in people who don't like their way of doing things.

If it was merely personally abusive, or attacked particular political policy, then I would say that is a worrying development.

HOLA445
HOLA446

But it's their country, why should they allow in people who don't like their way of doing things.

If only the US understood that the concept of the USA being "theirs" and all the inherent rights of self-determination that accompany this also applies to other nations and the peoples therein.

Countries like Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Started off reading the article thinking the lad sounded like a complete idiot by the time I'd finished, thought he was probably about right, it would seem.

however, he's 17

this reminds me of Gordon Brown's desperate attempts at micro-manipulation of person-level situations that hit the national deadlines, way way below him

the kid DID insult the office of the president which is a bit like a yank sending an abusive email to the Queen. But hey we tolerate/rise above things like that, always have done in the past, Karl Marx being allowed to live peacefully in London being a case in point, so I reckon, in the name of liberty and forgiveness, I reckon the US has made a mistake here.

HOLA449

the kid DID insult the office of the president which is a bit like a yank sending an abusive email to the Queen.

It's called hate male. Every half-way famous person gets it at some time.

Generally it gets chucked straight in the bin. That's the appropriate response.

"Overkill" doesn't even begin to cover this.

HOLA4410

Now he is not a US citizen so they can really do as they wish. However just how many of these are they breaking, even if it is just morally and not legally.

My thoughts exactly. :angry:

HOLA4411

My thoughts exactly. :angry:

Also, who exactly took this decision to ban the guy for life?? Obama himself? Is he constitutionally empowered to do this? In the UK the Home Secretary takes decisions like this, and it always has to be argued to be conducive to the public good. Does this example qualify?

Presumably the next president can lift this absurd ban. May it be soon.

HOLA4412

Presumably the next president can lift this absurd ban. May it be soon.

Be careful what you wish for: The way things are going right now, the next US President is likely to be the sort of extreme right winger that will make the Bushes look like Doves.

Sorry, forgot this site is amply populated by extreme right wingers.

Yes, I do think both the US authorities and our own over-reacted to what was quite evidently not a serious threat, BTW. But spin it around, should the Uk allow in people who have insulted and threatened our country and head of state? I think not.

HOLA4413

Be careful what you wish for: The way things are going right now, the next US President is likely to be the sort of extreme right winger that will make the Bushes look like Doves.

Sorry, forgot this site is amply populated by extreme right wingers.

Yes, I do think both the US authorities and our own over-reacted to what was quite evidently not a serious threat, BTW. But spin it around, should the Uk allow in people who have insulted and threatened our country and head of state? I think not.

But does the UK allow in people who have insulted and threatened our country and head of state? A resounding yes. See Abu Hamza Al-Masri.

For those who are keeping score and just wonder why this would happen and who could possibly be behind it: their immigration laws are so lax that they allow Muslims to virtually take over London (the rest of England happening soon); they withdraw teaching about the Holocaust in public schools so as not to offend Muslims; the London Mayor has no problem with a convicted terrorist (the son of Captain Hooks a/k/a Abu Hamza Al-Masri) working on classified areas of the London Tube and welcomes HAMAS and Muslim Brotherhood figures like Yusuf Al-Qaradawi with open arms; and they greeted the 07/07/05 bombings with more bending over forward and backward to Islamists.

Picadilly Circus? Their whole country’s policies toward Islamists is a Circus. Ditto for ours, and that’s why this is coming to America, real soon. And has already been here. Neither they nor we should be surprised by this. It’s a matter of reaping what we’ve sown. Cast thy delusional PC policies on the waters, and they return to you in spades.

So, I wonder who could be behind this foiled plot that almost killed dozens, today, in Britain. The Samoans? The Fijians? Transformers from Outer Space? Who, indeed, could it be?

And by the way, here’s the description of the bomb, also telling with the hallmarks of a certain religion’s explosive skills:

Police thwarted an apparent terror attack Friday near the famed Piccadilly Circus in the heart of London, defusing
a bomb made of a lethal mix of gasoline, propane gas, and nails
after an ambulance crew spotted smoke coming from a silver Mercedes outside a nightclub.

Sounds just like the homicide bombs HAMAS, Islamic Jihad, and Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade (Bush’s preferred Fatah terrorists) use in Israel. Even the British Muslims who were one-way tourists to the explosion of Mike’s Bar in Tel Aviv.

So, I guess it is natives of Micronesia who must be behind it. Right?

My link

HOLA4414

For me, Dick Cheney was the 43rd president.

There's no way Dubbya was ever president. Here's a man who could be mentally outwitted by Forest Gump (89 IQ FFS!).

Oh, for 5 minutes or so they may have let him spin around in the president's chair, make some pretend phone calls and sign some important "papers".

But for the rest of the time he'd be in a corner with some colouring books and crayons watching Teletubbies while Dick got on with the business of ruining running the country.

HOLA4415

For me, Dick Cheney was the 43rd president.

There's no way Dubbya was ever president. Here's a man who could be mentally outwitted by Forest Gump (89 IQ FFS!).

Oh, for 5 minutes or so they may have let him spin around in the president's chair, make some pretend phone calls and sign some important "papers".

But for the rest of the time he'd be in a corner with some colouring books and crayons watching Teletubbies while Dick got on with the business of ruining running the country.

:D:D

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

there will be PLENTY of dissenting americans.

and obama would be wise to heed them.

too many leaders that aim for omnipotence end up coming to extremely grizzly ends,ususally after they've wrecked their nation in the process.

the dissenters are just pointing out this historic fact,that having a leader that is a bit precious is a dangerous thing.

...also happens to be why we in britain,plus plenty of the EU serfs don't particularly like this power-grab.Smacks too much of yesteryear.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The US is out of control. Its government claims the right (and practises) kidnap and torture of citizens from any country in the world (so-called extraordinary rendition) and Obama claims the right to assassinate his own citizens without resort to any court.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Archived