House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

Recession Will Be 'back By Christmas'

Surely all the STR's will get stuffed if this happens as the printing presses will be fired up again?

edit:assuming STR is sitting in a bank

Edited by pl1

Surely all the STR's will get stuffed if this happens as the printing presses will be fired up again?

What about those of us with savings who have not STR?

m

Lets hope so.

I hope every single person who has speculated on housing gets burnt. There are plenty more classes of investment to put your money.

The sooner we get back to a home being just a place to live the better.

Edited by headrow

Doesn't this rely on the assumptions that:

1. QE causes hpi.

2. Hpi is greater than whatever you're getting from the bank.

Lets hope so.

I hope every single person who has speculated on housing gets burnt. There are plenty more classes of investment to put your money.

The sooner we get back to a home being just a place to live the better.

So you class STR's as housing speculators (and hope they get burnt)? Nice. Personally I am just trying to avoid the impending metaphorical train crash.

Banks arent lending - new house companies are at least down 10% on sales, not because the demand isnt there, but because the banks wont lend to the agreed sales. Expecting a serious slow down come the cut backs.

I wonder how they will prop GDP figures up?

GDP figures for 1st qtr of 2011 will be under pressure. May see negative growth. Not enough for official recession but a very bumby ride out. Maybe negative qtr followed by a couple of possatives then back to negative.

So why the F**K is the BOE keeping rates at 0.5%, looks like doing it did NOT stave off a recession. Useless Mervin King proved wrong again (last time when he signed the open letter to Thatcher - Letter to The Times, 23 March 1981).

If the medicine doesn't work, change the medicine, don't increase the dosage. If the doctor won't change the medicine, change the USELESS doctor.

Low rates are causing more damage than good (http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=148707) and are not keeping recessions at bay. GET THE MESSAGE BANK OF ENGLAND, or are you all so stubborn that you can't admit your wrong. Come to think of it, there was no letter of apology to Thatcher from the 364 economists, so maybe economists can't admit they are ever wrong !!!

Lets hope so.

I hope every single person who has speculated on housing gets burnt.

I assume you're waiting for a HPC ? If so, aren't you speculating on housing and therefore deserve to get burnt also ?

The low BOE rate is nothing to do with avoiding a recession, it is to pass money to the banks.

He's right you know. There would be no point putting rates up until the banks coffers are awash with money again, otherwise we'd be facing another banking crisis.

I assume you're waiting for a HPC ? If so, aren't you speculating on housing and therefore deserve to get burnt also ?

The people who sold to rent at the peak of the bubble who have the cash sitting in the bank waiting for a correction to buy another house are just as much part of the problem as those who bought a house with a 125% loan and are struggling to pay it back now.

I wanted a HPC for the sake of my daughter but over the last 18 months i've made enough by speculating on the stock market to buy her one outright so tbh a HPC isn't that important to me any more. Does that make me as selfish as somebody who STR?

The people who sold to rent at the peak of the bubble who have the cash sitting in the bank waiting for a correction to buy another house are just as much part of the problem as those who bought a house with a 125% loan and are struggling to pay it back now.

I wanted a HPC for the sake of my daughter but over the last 18 months i've made enough by speculating on the stock market to buy her one outright so tbh a HPC isn't that important to me any more. Does that make me as selfish as somebody who STR?

I want a HPC for the sake of my son's generation, not just my son. I could buy him one many times over, but a HPC remains important to me as it is not just about my son, it is about his whole generation; They need cheap housing so that the public debt burden that has been left to them can be eased.

You ask "Does that make me as selfish as somebody who STR?". Failing to at least acknowledge the bigger picture and peddling a "me and mine are alright, Jack" attitude makes you at best ignorant, at worst selfish, certainly more so than your typical STR on here.