House Price Crash Forum

Douglas Carswell Mp Leads On Bank Reform

HOLA441
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreright/2010/09/carswell-on-bank-reform.html

And to think that some on this forum say that we money reformers are commmies ... :lol:

Anyone who doesn't let me create my own money with whom ever I choose is a ........

Edit: Okay I'll read the link now ;)

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA443

Link to Carswell's blog: http://www.talkcarswell.com/default.aspx

Interesting quote:

UPDATE: To be clear, this Bill does not stop banks from treating your deposit as a loan. You just have to make clear that you give them permission to do so. There would, in effect, be two types of bank account; one where it was made clear that you owned the money (and probably paid for banking services in fees), and one where the bank was free to lend on your money like they owned it.

And even may be put it into complex financial instruments not even they understood, for example.

Edited by kinesin

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

So why did you suggest previously that DC would not force people 'at gunpoint' , by contrasting him with those who you state would?

I didn't.

I stated that you want to force everyone at gunpoint. IF DC is in favour of market banking, then his view is in stark contrast with yours. I don't know about his views.

I do know about yours.

In any event, possibly you can relax. This is pure banksterism at work here. They want to carry on FRB, but blame the victims by enticing them to bad contract. It won't matter. the fraud is still perpertrated on those who borrow.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Alan stated that DC and I were miles apart.

I asked in what ways.

You responded that I wanted to force at gunpoint.

That is suggesting that DC doesn't.

..on the banking issue.

You asked me about forcing people in general.

Edit: Seriously though, why get tetchy? You are willing to stick a gun in my face, why so squeamish when it's pointed out?

Edited by Injin

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Alan stated that DC and I were miles apart.

I asked in what ways.

You responded that I wanted to force at gunpoint.

That is suggesting that DC doesn't.

Competing currencies.

If the competing currency issuer maintains the price of his currency with the national currency (I am assuming there is still a legal tender currency?) from his equity - how does this differ in essence from our current system?

In regards to you own proposals. Will you still allow me to trade my debt certificate (money I have loaned) with an entity willing to trade that certificate (say a bank) who will sell that on to someone else - how exactly are you changing our monetary system?

If you want to change our monetary system - you will have to outlaw this practice - and enforce it with gunmen.

This is why you are an -ism.

Communism is a good fit.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Competing currencies.

If the competing currency issuer maintains the price of his currency with the national currency (I am assuming there is still a legal tender currency?) from his equity - how does this difference in essence from our current system?

In regards to you own proposals. Will you still allow me to trade my debt certificate (money I have loaned) with an entity willing to trade that certificate (say a bank) who will sell that on to someone else - how exactly are you changing our monetary system?

If you want to change our monetary system - you will have to outlaw this practice - and enforce it with gunmen.

This is why you are an -ism.

Communism is a good fit.

Thanks, Alan.

A link to some of my thoughts on competing currencies:

http://www.secretofoz.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=140:the-spaniard-on-competing-currencies

On traded debt, we have discussed this before. Briefly, if such instruments impacted unduly on the vanilla currency then trade in them could be damped down with (e.g.) stamp duty. So no need to ban it or shoot anyone doing it.

What I want to change is the institutionalisation of using commercially issued IOUs as the principal (national) means of exchange.

HOLA4425

Thanks, Alan.

A link to some of my thoughts on competing currencies:

http://www.secretofoz.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=140:the-spaniard-on-competing-currencies

On traded debt, we have discussed this before. Briefly, if such instruments impacted unduly on the vanilla currency then trade in them could be damped down with (e.g.) stamp duty. So no need to ban it or shoot anyone doing it.

What I want to change is the institutionalisation of using commercially issued IOUs as the principal (national) means of exchange.

Stamp duty is shooting people.

If they don't comply.

What's the difference between the banks conning us into using their fake money and the government forcing us to use their fake money?

Why is being fooled not as good as being forced?

If I am fooled I can work it out and escape really easily. I'm not able to do that with the state, they just make up stuff and then shoot me if I don't comply.