Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Landlord Selling Off

http://www.rightmove...l?premiumA=true

25 residential lettings units a mixture of houses and flats on a single site

To be sold in 5 separate lots in whole or in part

Asking price for the whole £2.625m

Total rent receivable £176,832 giving a gross yield of 6.7%

I bet the rent is overestimated by 20% and also need to knock 20% off for maintenance

If landlords are selling property (if not a forced sale), what are they doing with the proceeds? What is looking more attractive?

I love this advert....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-14311218.html

... the Property Bee history tells us that all of the 75 properties were purchased between 2007 AND 2009. I wonder which bank is on the hook for these?

They are mostly in east end of Glasgow/Coatbridge judging by the pictures and the proximity to Commonwealth Games and Glasgow gateway.

If landlords are selling property (if not a forced sale), what are they doing with the proceeds? What is looking more attractive?

Most of it will be the mortgage itself. That is to say the LL isn’t going to be getting £2m but might end up with say eg £500k. well that might be enough to pay the mortgage off on the main house so such a landlord might think ****** it good ride uncertain times I want to be debt free. Sell off the BTLs and pay off the main house. Thanks HPI bubble and goodnight.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26495629.html?premiumA=true

25 residential lettings units a mixture of houses and flats on a single site

To be sold in 5 separate lots in whole or in part

Asking price for the whole £2.625m

Total rent receivable £176,832 giving a gross yield of 6.7%

With a local price of 90K for a one bed cottage/flat and 120K for a 2 bed, these look overpriced, even if sold separately and with VP.

With the aggro of a tenant, some of which may be in arrears and the excpectation of a bulk purchase discount I can't see them selling for those prices. But there might be enough idiots around!