House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Better Than Life

I had just assumed that this must be somewhere with numerous loonies like Korea, Japan, or trailer park America.

No, it's in Maidstone. Feck that's embarrassing, now the world can laugh at us:

A mother who became so obsessed with a computer game she neglected her three children and let her two pet dogs starve to death has walked free from court.

The 33-year-old woman became obsessed with Small World - an online game - that she failed to feed her dogs and care for her children.

The children were forced to eat cold baked beans from a can with their fingers because she could not be bothered to heat them up or find a spoon.

It goes on. This is on a par with junkies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311368/Mother-obsessed-game-neglects-children-lets-dogs-starve-death.html

Well, it just goes to show games can be as addictive as heroin, such as the amount spent on research and development these days.

Guest UK Debt Slave

I had just assumed that this must be somewhere with numerous loonies like Korea, Japan, or trailer park America.

No, it's in Maidstone. Feck that's embarrassing, now the world can laugh at us:

It goes on. This is on a par with junkies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311368/Mother-obsessed-game-neglects-children-lets-dogs-starve-death.html

"All necessities provided

All anxieties tranquilised

All boredom amused"

"Corporate Cosmology" as described by Arthur Jensen (Network - 1976)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSj1yNZdY8&feature=related

We shouldn't be so surprised this kind of thing goes on

Happens all the time in Korea. I swear there were people there who lived in internet cafes (they actually do in Japan).

I experienced something similar myself.... I just got Dosbox working for several old games, K240 was one of my favourite Amiga games in the early 1990s. Gremlin came up with a remake called Fragile Alligence. I spent 2 hours attacking but constantly got wiped by the counter attacks.... meh drives me insane...

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

What were these kids doing, that they could not at least open the dining room door and let the dogs free to roam outside and fend for themselves?

Were they at school, and if not, why did they authorities not query their absence?huh.gif If at school why did the teacher not notice their emaciated state and filthy clothes? (One assumes if she wasn't cooking she wasn't washing either.)

Why could they not tell teacher?

Who gave them breakfast? Did they have any?

Seems to me that to be so unable at the ages of 10 and 13, they must have had a good bit in common with Mum..Basically bone idle, and not too much 'up top'.

The whole yarn sounds a bit garbled to me and the sentence risible. If they can't make people feed their kids and animals, how do they enforce a computer ban?

Soft-as-sh*t Britain, A haven for any sort of miscreant imaginable.dry.gif

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

The system seems to be functioning on the basis that if we understand people, then we are bound to make allowances for them.

And there was I thinking that understanding folks was the first step, in getting them to stop doing what it is they do, that causes others grief.

Compassion and correction/adjustment don't have to be mutually exclusive.