House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
p.p.

Best Area In N.ireland

gotta be north and mid Co. Antrim for me :P

getting myself lost in the country roads on the way up to Ballycastle with the Glens in the distance

An area I like is round about Nendrum Abbey and Killyleagh. At Nendrum overlooking the Strangford Lough its amazingly peaceful.

I love the Glens of Antrim too but I don't know if I'd like to stay there for its remoteness from hospitals etc.

newcastle, mourne mountains And coast

marina looks a good place to live

An area I like is round about Nendrum Abbey and Killyleagh. At Nendrum overlooking the Strangford Lough its amazingly peaceful.

AKA Fantasy Island. All very quiet until Stephen Nolan turns up...

Lough Erne, preferably on a boat. Nowhere quite like it - can't for the life of me understand why so few want to holiday there - I'll take it over a week in a Spanish resort any day.....or pretty much anywhere else for that matter (except maybe Italy).

On the other hand.....stay away, the less people the better!

Not one mention for the Malone Road yet?

I'm a big fan of Strangford Lough personally. When I finally settle down (and have the readies of course :ph34r: ) I would love to secluded little place, right next to some good fishing.

I'd value community ahead of most things, throw in scenery and handiness to Belfast and that'd do me.

North Antrim has the 1st two, and I'd maybe put up with teh drive to Belfast for a night out, but where the buck would ye work as that's not commutable for me?

With no kids I'd live in one of the nicer ends of Belfast

With kids: Cushendall

as some others have said , its to do with whats going on in your life.

currently its just me and the fiancee in our mid 20s , we both work in belfast so for us its south belfast

house prices are crazy ( but where else would you get to rent a "500k" place for £900 a month ) and there is the occassional snob encountered that pi$$e$ me off, but i do find the house i rent on one of the streets between the lisburn and malone rd to be the best area to live. nice treelined road in malone conservation area. everything on our doorstep . i have my office near the university so i walk everywhere , the girlfriend and i just share the one car . everything is on our doorstep.

before belfast i was paying £1400 for a shoebox flat in a rough area of london

however

when i have a family getting to primary school age my priorities will of changed. at that time i hope to live somewhere near to Lough Erne and Enniskillen. Belfast will not be for me any more, especially if the depths of the economic crisis lead to increased social upheaval.

Edited by getdoon_weebobby