House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woot

How Long Would You Leave A Property Without Repricing?

I'm amazed by this in Cardiff. If you wanted to sell, would you leave your house on the market for 1226 days and only drop the price by 1%? Mad. Dou you know of any others?

A lot of sellers are only sellers at a certain price, in other words they'd rather withdraw their house from the market and stay put than drop the price.

That's why I believe that we'll need many more forced sellers in order to see significant falls in nominal house prices, and with interest rates so low that really means wide scale job losses.

There are several in Swansea like this - 3 or 4 years, sometimes more, that refuse to drop in price. They come on and off the market.

You have all sorts of things going on - people testing the water for ego to see how much their house is worth, people who need to sell for X, people who are divorcing and one party does not want to sell or perhaps even divorce.

I'm amazed by this in Cardiff. If you wanted to sell, would you leave your house on the market for 1226 days and only drop the price by 1%? Mad. Dou you know of any others?

There's a nice detached place on with Dawsons in Llanmorlais priced at 349K. I think it once was went as far as SSTC before it fell through. I swear that place has been on for 5 years and it has not been reduced

by a cent in all that time.