House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Stephen Fry

Anyone else had enough of this jowly poltroon?

It's funny but I watched a few episodes of "A little bit of Fry and Laurie" a couple of months back and it wasn't as good as I'd remembered: basically eighties alternative comedy performed with plummy accents.

The best thing he's done is probably his character in "V For Vendetta".

Can't stand the bloke.

He was fantastic in Blackadder Goes Forth - 20 years ago.

At some point in the last 10 years it seems this narcissistic pseudo-intellectual has become a 'national treasure'. Christ knows why.

The most apt description I've ever read of him is that he is “a stupid person's idea of what an intelligent person looks like”.

I quite like Stephen Fry! One of the more amusing people in the media!

Of course, no doubt he's not worth the money, but I have never seen his invoices! :huh:

I admire his sustained productivity; writing, presenting, acting, tweeting etc. But recognise it's probably due the bipolar condition he has and for which he admitted he takes no medication. During the high / manic phase of these cycles suffers tend to throw themselves into work and concentrate for hours. He made an interesting documentary about it for BBC.

Don't like his support for NuLabour or his friendship with Prince Charles.

I admire his sustained productivity; writing, presenting, acting, tweeting etc. But recognise it's probably due the bipolar condition he has and for which he admitted he takes no medication. During the high / manic phase of these cycles suffers tend to throw themselves into work and concentrate for hours. He made an interesting documentary about it for BBC.

That's interesting. I was going to echo the OP as, whilst I think he's good, I am getting fed up with him turning up everywhere you look.

I would have watched that US tour of 50 states had somebody else done it, but I thought "Not him again" and didn't bother.

He remains talented, original and funny IMO. But you can have too much of anything. If he was like Dave Allen - a couple of shows a year and that's it - he would be a legend.

He remains talented, original and funny IMO. But you can have too much of anything.

+1

I quite like Fry but I do think that QI should be renamed "Smug B******'s Self-congratulatory Circle-jerk of Smuggitude".

Too harsh? :unsure:

I've always liked "Melchie"...He's done some great doccos on BBC4 such as the one about the Gutenberg Printing Press & I rather liked his trip across America..

I'm a bit ambivalent towards Fry.

He was excellent in Blackadder, and I'm a big fan of Jeeves and Wooster but as others have said I'm sick of him turning up everywhere.

On the topic of QI I watch the odd one and I find that the guest who comes across as the wittiest and most intelligent by far is Jeremy Clarkson.

I've always liked "Melchie"...He's done some great doccos on BBC4 such as the one about the Gutenberg Printing Press & I rather liked his trip across America..

And at least he supports the right team!

"The buggers everywhere"

Rather ironically nobody could find him anywhere a few years back! Not even in his housemaster's wardrobe!

I like him - top egg

But I didn't know he a Brownite, I mean a Darling lover, eerm I... erm....

You all know what I mean!!!