House Price Crash Forum

I Want To Pay More For My House Than I Have To ..

dolce vita

HOLA441
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

In this case they are trying to value a new build property. Of course, new builds lose value as soon as you move in and they become second-hand, so from the bank's perspective, they should be more interested in the value that they could sell it for when repossessed rather than its value as a new property.

HOLA443
HOLA444

In this case they are trying to value a new build property. Of course, new builds lose value as soon as you move in and they become second-hand, so from the bank's perspective, they should be more interested in the value that they could sell it for when repossessed rather than its value as a new property.

Sorry but wrong. A surveyor has to value as per the Red Book. Rebus sic stantibus (as it stands) not his job to assume trends. Valuation for mortgage purposes is different than other valuations (for insurance as an example). If he doesn't value as per the Red Book then he is open to being sued by either side in the event of negligence.

Tom MRICS

HOLA445

Sorry but wrong. A surveyor has to value as per the Red Book. Rebus sic stantibus (as it stands) not his job to assume trends. Valuation for mortgage purposes is different than other valuations (for insurance as an example). If he doesn't value as per the Red Book then he is open to being sued by either side in the event of negligence.

Tom MRICS

Thanks for the correction. The bank can make up its own mind as to want it wants to lend against a new-build and should be offering lower lending multiples.

HOLA446

I see the HPC ex-troll (Hamish McTavish) has rumbled this thread:

"This thread has been linked to from hpc....

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...owtopic=150894

So no wonder many of the replies have been distinctly unhelpful."

Edited by Sibley's Love Child

HOLA447

I see the HPC ex-troll (Hamish McTavish) has rumbled this thread:

"This thread has been linked to from hpc....

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/for...owtopic=150894

So no wonder many of the replies have been distinctly unhelpful."

Sorry, the link does not work.

I thought you might have been referring to the splitter website - **** (that's ********. if the word is still automatically moderated out here like a rude word), so I went on there for the first time in ages, but the site address took me back here. I guess they have disappeared.

HOLA448

the op from the thread

"oh my God! How dare they! I cant believe that someone has posted what they have on there and have the nerve to make out Im stupid!

Im not some idiot who wants to pay more for our house, why would you automatically asume the surveyor is right and the builder is the one who is expected to pay for his mistake?"

er....sweetie.....because it is what the surveyor is paid to do. The banks have a far better idea of what property is worth, what is coming and what a risk you are.

Pay the £330 for another valuation, in the scheme of things it is pennies.

If I were you though I would be using the valuation to get the price dropped by the builder. Show them the letter so they know you cant proceed. Why on earth would you not be using the report to get a reduction?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I think people expect the price tag on a house to be the price.

I think all newbuilds should have a price ticket holder on the roof/wall, so all can see the current price.

The Valuation is the valuation...a valuation for mortgage purposes is one which the bank feel sthe property is worth in the event of a default.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

the op from the thread

"oh my God! How dare they! I cant believe that someone has posted what they have on there and have the nerve to make out Im stupid!

Im not some idiot who wants to pay more for our house, why would you automatically asume the surveyor is right and the builder is the one who is expected to pay for his mistake?"

er....sweetie.....because it is what the surveyor is paid to do. The banks have a far better idea of what property is worth, what is coming and what a risk you are.

Pay the £330 for another valuation, in the scheme of things it is pennies.

If I were you though I would be using the valuation to get the price dropped by the builder. Show them the letter so they know you cant proceed. Why on earth would you not be using the report to get a reduction?

er...darling...because the report is based on a leasehold, the property is freehold!

HOLA4415

Corrected for you.   B)

How rude! There is absolutey nothing wrong with my car, the finance does not run out for another few years, I will buy a new one then.

I would more likely be spending the money on an all inclusive holiday to Benidorm, obviously!

Please, DO NOT make comments like that when you do not know the first thing about me.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

How rude! There is absolutey nothing wrong with my car, the finance does not run out for another few years, I will buy a new one then.

I would more likely be spending the money on an all inclusive holiday to Benidorm, obviously!

Please, DO NOT make comments like that when you do not know the first thing about me.

• Bull or Bear? Bear

.... :rolleyes:

Why should you care... surely you are too busy bidding up a life essential so the rest of us that are not obsessed by property are forced to spend more of our hard-earned lining banksters pockets <_<

Sling yer hook you fool

:angry:

HOLA4418

susprisingly this just isn't true. In the house price book new build rabbit hutches easily kept up with if not surpassed the rest of the housing market. In a market down turn they git hit harder as these are usually more BTL type places and investment dries up.

HOLA4419

susprisingly this just isn't true. In the house price book new build rabbit hutches easily kept up with if not surpassed the rest of the housing market. In a market down turn they git hit harder as these are usually more BTL type places and investment dries up.

Not sure when you are refering to, but the last couple of years, New builds have had the "benefit" of 100% mortgages via home buy.

In the US, when they droppped the $8K tax break for borrowers, prices fell by guess how much....yes..$8K.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
  • Bull or Bear? Bear

.... :rolleyes:

Why should you care... surely you are too busy bidding up a life essential so the rest of us that are not obsessed by property are forced to spend more of our hard-earned lining banksters pockets <_<

Sling yer hook you fool

:angry:

Im not obsessed by property - just trying to buy a family home. My OH and myself both work extremely hard, I wonder if you actually know what hard-earned is??? Is it so hard earned that you have to spend 80% of your life away from your family?

If it isnt, then please, shut the door on your way out!

HOLA4423

Im not obsessed by property - just trying to buy a family home. My OH and myself both work extremely hard, I wonder if you actually know what hard-earned is??? Is it so hard earned that you have to spend 80% of your life away from your family?

you deserve it...you are entitled to it....go for it.

HOLA4424

Im not obsessed by property

Trying to pay more than you are told something is worth would go a long way to showing signs of obsession in most people's book surely....

just trying to buy a family home.

and it would be a whole lot easier for you and others if such a large percentage of the population hadn't lost their minds like you clearly have...

My OH and myself both work extremely hard, I wonder if you actually know what hard-earned is??? Is it so hard earned that you have to spend 80% of your life away from your family?

Straw man...

HOLA4425

Oh goody-its been simply ages since we had an irate woman venture this way!

You're not obsessed with property...yet you're prepared to spend 80% of your life away from your family so you can 'live the dream'?