House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

What Is It With Flies?

You open one window or door slightly and within 10 minutes you have a fly flying around your house trying to get out.

You then open all your windows and doors as wide as possible but they find it almost impossible to then get back out.

What is going on here? Does anyone care? I don't.

Just wanted to share.

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly

I don't know why she swallowed a fly - perhaps she'll die!

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider,

That wriggled and wiggled and tiggled inside her;

She swallowed the spider to catch the fly;

I don't know why she swallowed a fly - Perhaps she'll die!

and so on :)

You open one window or door slightly and within 10 minutes you have a fly flying around your house trying to get out.

You then open all your windows and doors as wide as possible but they find it almost impossible to then get back out.

What is going on here? Does anyone care? I don't.

Just wanted to share.

Odd that you should mention that, because I've been thinking exactly the same thing. When I open the doors out onto the balcony of my flat, a fly or two comes in, and they seem to choose some random part of the room and then fly around one specific part of a room, flying in straight lines and changing direction every second or so, but staying in a confined area.

A few days back when I noticed one, I spent too long watching the thing, almost ended up in a meditative state or something. I evidently have too much free time.

The ones I get caught in the house get really angry and make a hell of a noise when they keep knocking themselves out on the window pane..... ;)

Why do flies like to walk on flat screen monitors. There is a vast wall space for them to walk on, yet they always hug my monitor. Those bug zappers don't attract them at all. Someone needs to find out why screens attract them and build a better fly trap making a nice profit.

Can't say that flies are much of a problem over here. But hey, Singapore's just a developing country with daily rubbish collections, and such like. :P

Why do flies like to walk on flat screen monitors. There is a vast wall space for them to walk on, yet they always hug my monitor. Those bug zappers don't attract them at all. Someone needs to find out why screens attract them and build a better fly trap making a nice profit.

A flat screen monitor covered in non setting glue, job jobbed :D.