House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruffydd

Bristol's Gone Nanas

http://www.bristol247.com/2010/09/06/bristol-council-overspends-again/

the council’s World Cup fan park at Queen Square ended up costing the council tax payer £270,000 rather than the promised £80,000.

hehe

Bristolian here, i wouldnt worry too much, thats pocket money compared to the £1.8 overspend on the museum of Bristol,

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/New-museum-needs-163-1-8m-city-s-residents/article-1997696-detail/article.html

Or even the not too publicised debacle at Redland Green school, where a brand new school was built and the new flooring was ripped up due to the fact that the floor was the wrong colour for the "special" children.

(and that was AFTER being £8m over budget) :blink:

hehe

Bristolian here, i wouldnt worry too much, thats pocket money compared to the £1.8 overspend on the museum of Bristol,

£1.8? where do I send a cheque? we can get that cleared up no bother.

£1.8? where do I send a cheque? we can get that cleared up no bother.

No need, the people of Bristol have very deep pockets!

thanks for the offer though

Bristol is still a lovely place to live in, despite the council's effort to turn it into some sort of luvvies' dump. Apparently the Stoke's Croft committee (for redevelopment) all live in Clifton. Why can't we just leave the turbo islanders alone?

Actually, I suspect if we managed to actually elect a single party council then things would move forward instead of all the politicking and back stabbing, but that remains a dream I think.

(looks for Link). Hmm perhaps not so hodpodge after all. Cons 14, Lab 17, LD 38, Green 1. Why we require 70-odd councillors, I don't know.

My favourite one was that museum or art gallery in Birmingham that had something stupid like 3 visitors on its first day, and each visitor for the first year cost £50,000k

Figures probably wrong, but they were absurd.

If you mean the one in West brom with the jelly bean windows, it was a flop at first, but get's a lot more visitors now it's free. West Brom is not the place for an art installation / building that expects to charge an entrance fee.

hehe

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/New-museum-needs-163-1-8m-city-s-residents/article-1997696-detail/article.html

Or even the not too publicised debacle at Redland Green school, where a brand new school was built and the new flooring was ripped up due to the fact that the floor was the wrong colour for the "special" children.

(and that was AFTER being £8m over budget) :blink:

Two words:

Bath Spa

pwned.