House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Courteney Cox Has Purple Makeup Malfunction

Nothing to do with Courtney Cox in particular but more about the Daily Mail.

It is fascinating reading the numerous articles about various female celebs, actresses, models, etc. The Mail has the 'complimentary' article off to a fine art. You get stories of such and such actress in a bikini or some dress and, reading between the lines, they appear to be, IMPO, just an excuse to criticise a woman's clothes, figure, make-up, hair, legs, celluite, shoes, etc, etc, etc.

I find it a truly fascinating insight into the female mind.

Do women really think in such ways about other women on a daily basis?

The below article about Courtney Cox is fascinating. She has purple make-up thing going on there but the article appears to be a quiet dig at her looks and make-up techniques. I just can't imagine blokes ever thinking in such a way about another bloke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1310279/Courteney-Cox-purple-makeup-malfunction.html

I also don't understand that whole communal changing room thing that women have in stores whilst blokes have single compartments - can you imagine a bloke in a changing room asking you for advice on whether you look good in an item of clothing you were trying on.

Maybe I need to get in touch with my female side.

:unsure:

You simply cannot ask another man anything to do with how you look; anything at all really that reveals any insecurity or weakness. A quick glance up and down and nod is acceptable as you head out somewhere.

The Mail did a piece on Ulrika Jonnson a while back - she was moving house and they said she looked a bit worn out and stressed and not at all like she was when she was 26. Evil section of a questionable paper.

If presented with a photograph of the world's oldest woman, the Fe-Mail section would feel obliged to comment that 'she had let herself go a bit'.

"not at all like she was when she was 26"

(I know that feeling! :rolleyes: )

I find it a truly fascinating insight into the female mind.

Do women really think in such ways about other women on a daily basis?

I also don't understand that whole communal changing room thing that women have in stores whilst blokes have single compartments - can you imagine a bloke in a changing room asking you for advice on whether you look good in an item of clothing you were trying on.

:unsure:

I think the comments underneath are more the usual viewpoints of women... The Daily Mail reporter (who is too shy to actually put their name to this pile of pants) is just an unusual example of the female species... but they wouldn't get stuff printed if they couldn't find something to slag off.

I'm female, and the whole communal changing room thing puts me off - I either wait for one of the few cubicles to be free (if they have some) or take my business elsewhere. I prefer the shops that have individual cubicles and somewhere comfy for Mr W&S to sit while he's waiting. Even Lakeland plastics have a seating area (not that I go their to buy slothes!) - it would be nice if typically men's shops, like Game would reciprocate.

Courtney Cox is 46 - and from what photo she looks to be in better shape than most women I see half her age.

Would be interesting to see what sort of shape the author of that article is in.