House Price Crash Forum

Guest Riser

Well that puts it in context all we saw on the BBC was the last part where the guy broke down which made him look weak. The BBC should have taken time to air more of the clip but perhapd Blair would have not been so happy to see his mate Bush and FEMA being shown up as clowns.

Edited by Riser

Well that pust it in context all we saw on the BBC was the last part where the guy broke down which made him look weak. The BBC should have taken time to air more of the clip but perhapd Blair would have not been so happy to see his mate Bush and FEMA being shown up as clowns.

I saw that on the BBC too, Its interesting they only showed the end when he was very upset.

It gave the impression he was a more unstable character.

Having seen the whole thing now, it is a lot more powerful. As you say, a lot of Vi's would not want to see those major criticisms aired, particulary as his frustration in the earlier content of the interview makes the emotional end totally undestandable.

I've been very moved by a lot of the press coverage. But also I'm fascinated by the clash of expectations going on.

Here are people in a situation typically only shown on TV from third world and very poor countries. Generally those people can't speak english, so we don't hear their stories directly. In the case of this disaster we get the truth direct to camera and its phenomenally moving.

It illuminates how TV reports the third world, and what the shortcomings of that reporting often are. Whether intentional, cultural or just as a side effect of the limitations of the medium.

As we have watched hours of footage of boats searching sunken streets for people trapped in attics. I think of how many times we have seen aerial footage of many square miles of inundated housing in the third world... and how inured we may have become to it.

Guest magnoliawalls
Well that pust it in context all we saw on the BBC was the last part where the guy broke down which made him look weak. The BBC should have taken time to air more of the clip but perhapd Blair would have not been so happy to see his mate Bush and FEMA being shown up as clowns.

For me the most shocking part of the video was the emergency lines being cut and water and diesel supplies turned away by FEMA. :angry:

People are dying and the callous disregard for them by those who make decisions is unbelievable. As more stories like this come out the poor and the black population of the US will feel more marginalised and more angry.

This has implications for the morale of the US army and for how the US will cope with the coming recession :ph34r:

Capitalism's market based economics depend on underlying social and community structures - without them everything falls apart.

Anyone got a link to the video where that entertainer basically called Bush a racist at that charity concert? I'd like to see the whole lot as opposed to the one liner the Media graces gcs15 with :angry:

If I were the mayor of NO I'd be asking for help from everyone except the Fed's. I'd tell them to go to hell and if they wanted to come down as the US bring tanks.

The buck stops with Bush.

BUSH OUT FOR GOOD. :angry:

the parallels with Iraq are astonishing.

In Iraq we had the man-made inundation of Hurrican Shock and Awe which left a poor dark skinned people homeless and numb. This was then followed by a brutal occupation by US troops who treated the Iraqi victims like the enemy.

In NO we have the shoot-to-kill of looters, a curfew , Bush sending in 50,000 more heavily armed troops (he has invaded Louisiana), we have the racist indifference to the victims and their bullying by the authorities at the convention centre.

All of these things have already happened to the Iraqi people.

The poor blacks of NO have been treated like the enemy just as the poor Iraqis of Baghdad and many other cities havce been treated like the enemy since day one.

The US response to anything these days is LOCK AND LOAD. That's it . They do not know how to respond in any other way.

Poor black grandmothers approaching police cars have had shotguns pointed at them and told to back away.

Of course what they are doing to the people of Iraq is 10 times worse than what they are doing to the people of NO which has shocked so many of you.

An amazing fact is that in a rcent poll 46 % of Americans said they thought Bush had handled Hurricane Katrina well.

What does that tell you ?

It tells me that his callous and racist indifference - what Sean Penn called criminal negligence - has support from enough people to re-elect him if an election were held tomorrow,

Thats whats really scary. That 46 % should find his administration's behaviour in any way acceptable.

Well that puts it in context all we saw on the BBC was the last part where the guy broke down which made him look weak. The BBC should have taken time to air more of the clip but perhapd Blair would have not been so happy to see his mate Bush and FEMA being shown up as clowns.

Well this is what I have been "banging on about for a while" our news is "managed" we are fed news in a certain way deliberately to influence the way we perceive reality.

The truth is we cannot trust our own news channels any more, so here is a handy web link page I put together a while back. See the world how others see it, then you will be better equipped to understand the reality of this world we live in.

World Politics News

Best "save" the link if you want it, as I may pull it from my website at any time, theres a "Totalitarian New World Order" coming . :ph34r:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"The interests behind the Bush Administration, such as the CFR, The Trilateral Commission - founded by Brzezinski for David Rockefeller - and the Bilderberger Group, have prepared for and are now moving to implement open world dictatorship within the next five years. They are not fighting against terrorists. They are fighting against citizens." -- Dr. Johannes B. Koeppl, Ph.D., advisor to former NATO Secretary General Manfred Werner

"We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. - John Swinton - New York Times - New York Press Club

Edited by Catch22

Anyone got a link to the video where that entertainer basically called Bush a racist at that charity concert? I'd like to see the whole lot as opposed to the one liner the Media graces gcs15 with  :angry:

You mean this?

http://www.shoneyboy.com/ign/Kanyevid.mpg

Excellent tagline...

Edit: Although that's still not the full version.

Edited by Nijo

Did anyone hear the transcropts of the radio interview that the Mayor of NO gave? He was soooo mad with the way the government were dealing (not) with the situation. In fact he was so mad he was virtually crying at the end of it and so was the man interviewing him.

A VIRUS and SCAM warning to you all about Katrina.

There are some sickos about.

See

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4209182.stm

extract

"The hurricane is a dreadful natural disaster, and it's sickening to think that hackers are prepared to exploit the horrendous situation in an attempt to break into computers for the purposes of spamming, extortion and theft," said SophosLabs senior technology consultant Graham Cluley.

A VIRUS and SCAM warning to you all about Katrina.

There are some sickos about.

See

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4209182.stm

extract

"The hurricane is a dreadful natural disaster, and it's sickening to think that hackers are prepared to exploit the horrendous situation in an attempt to break into computers for the purposes of spamming, extortion and theft," said SophosLabs senior technology consultant Graham Cluley.

Thanks, have posted that on a couple of other forums too.

060905capt.ladm.jpg

Land of the Free? Looks like the so called "kooks" and survivalists who feared the government were right. FEMA have been actively blocking aid and are actively hampering law enforcement.

Just seen another "unsourced" report on a site that lays the problems fairly and squarely with the Gov of NO.

Anybody know just jow much propaganda is out there from the CIA?

Bush to head hurricane inquiry

US president George Bush has resisted calls for an independent investigation into his government's response to Hurricane Katrina, announcing plans to head up his own inquiry into the widely-criticised recovery effort.

Senator Hillary Clinton claimed federal emergency planning had become "a recipe for disaster," under Mr Bush.

She is one of several politicians who have demanded full accountability and a probe modelled on the 9/11 commission.

Two Senate committees have also announced plans to hold hearings into the desperately slow disaster response.

A total of 96 Britons remain missing and the British Consulate has dispatched rapid response teams to aid the search.

Most are believed to be long-term residents.

Andrew McInnes, from Devizes, is desperately trying to track down his father David who was living in one of the worst-hit areas.

"We have been out of touch for a while but he was actually living in New Orleans," he said.

"We don't have a current address for him and as far as I know he is still missing."

Mr Bush declared that now was not the time to assign blame, but the debate over what went wrong is only just beginning.

From AOL news (only AOL members can access)

I bet the inquiry blames the local authorities and exonorates Bush and FEMA. <_<

Edited by libitina

I think its fair to say that the media are really exploiting people - the bbc got an interview with a family who's mother had died in return for rescuing them...

And bbc news this morning had some tragic family on.

Can you get any lower than this?

IN KATRINA'S WAKE

Female survivors urged

to flash breasts for help

Rescuers told gals on rooftops to 'show us what you've got'

Female survivors of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans were urged by government rescuers to flash their breasts in order to receive help in the immediate aftermath of the storm.

Scum