House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ralphmalph

Under The Coalition Gs Gets Largest Fine Ever!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/goldman-sachs-to-get-hit-with-uk-fine-report-2010-09-08

This is just breaking.

Nu Liebour loved these guys and could not praise them enough.

Thank god we now have sensible people running the country that finethem for abuse as opposed to give them massive pensions and baile them out.

Well done chaps keep up the good work. Now sue that Myners chap for allowing Goodwin to have a massive pension instead of a jail sentance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11238897

Wall Street giant Goldman Sachs has been fined £20m ($31m) by the UK City regulator, the Financial Services Authority, the BBC has learned.

The fine is for failing to tell the FSA it was under investigation for fraud by the US financial watchdog this summer.

In July, Goldman settled the fraud charge with the Securities and Exchange Committee by paying $550m (£356m).

The £20m is one of the heaviest fines ever imposed by the FSA, said the BBC's business editor Robert Peston.

Wow £20m the Giant Squid will never misbehave again now.

The banker bonus pool has taken a huge hit with that one.

Er they can make that faster than you can blink. Not even a parking ticket in my book.

Edited by Money Spinner

Wow the FSA are on the ball...maybe they dont read the papers....EVERYONE knew that GS were under investigation.

Course, the fine was settled with a fast repayment DISCOUNT.

Next time I go to Jail, I expect 20% off the sentence just for turning up.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/goldman-sachs-to-get-hit-with-uk-fine-report-2010-09-08

This is just breaking.

Nu Liebour loved these guys and could not praise them enough.

Thank god we now have sensible people running the country that finethem for abuse as opposed to give them massive pensions and baile them out.

Well done chaps keep up the good work. Now sue that Myners chap for allowing Goodwin to have a massive pension instead of a jail sentance.

Excellent. Fining an entity 0.3% of it's annual income - equivalent, roughly, to a speed camera fine for the average person (minus the points and inconvenience). Well, if that's the penalty for stealing a few hundred million quid, I'm deterred..

This just looks like kicking a man when he's down.

Er they can make that faster than you can blink. Not even a parking ticket in my book.

Excellent. Fining an entity 0.3% of it's annual income - equivalent, roughly, to a speed camera fine for the average person (minus the points and inconvenience). Well, if that's the penalty for stealing a few hundred million quid, I'm deterred..

You have to love this website - everyone hates bankers, but even when the bankers are hit by the LARGEST FSA FINE EVER, somehow it is still bad news!!

The fine is not for stealing anyway, it's just a fine for non-disclosure of something that happened in America.

You have to love this website - everyone hates bankers, but even when the bankers are hit by the LARGEST FSA FINE EVER, somehow it is still bad news!!

The fine is not for stealing anyway, it's just a fine for non-disclosure of something that happened in America.

A fine has to be proportionate to affordability. Like in Northern Europe where you are fined a % of your income for various things. A few years ago there was somebody who paid the biggest speeding fine ever because of his high income. Similar things should happen here a % of their turn over 5-25% should do it.

Adair Turner's just as useless as the previous bloke. FSA are still a pathetic joke.

It just goes to prove crime pays.

So under the coalition with one hand they give GS a slap on the wrist and with the other they sell them the keys to the country. This coalition gov't will make GS richer than ever before, mark my words well.