House Price Crash Forum
boroughboy

London Bermondsey Se1

Does anybody have a handle on how prices have been doing over the last few months in Bermondsey SE1?

In particular I'm interested in the SE1 side of Bermonsey, rather than the SE16 side. Sorry for being so specific!

I'd really appreciate if anybody who is closely watching the market in that area could share their views (to avoid me getting off my a55 and doing it myself!!)

cheers

Does anybody have a handle on how prices have been doing over the last few months in Bermondsey SE1?

In particular I'm interested in the SE1 side of Bermonsey, rather than the SE16 side. Sorry for being so specific!

I'd really appreciate if anybody who is closely watching the market in that area could share their views (to avoid me getting off my a55 and doing it myself!!)

cheers

I have been also looking at that specific area and used to own a place on George Row. Right now I don't see anything going up but likewise nothing has fallen especially in Shad. I have yet to see any 1 bed go below 250. Exactly what part are you looking at?

I have been also looking at that specific area and used to own a place on George Row. Right now I don't see anything going up but likewise nothing has fallen especially in Shad. I have yet to see any 1 bed go below 250. Exactly what part are you looking at?

Hi Whiterabbit, thanks for your response. Sorry for not replying sooner.

I'm interested in two areas primarily. One is Tower Bridge Road between Abbey Street and Bricklayers Arms. As somebody else on this forum pointed out, you can see the green shoots of gentrification (one gastropub and one coffee shop on a parade of twenty or so fried chicken shops and ethnic hairdressers) and it has a safe and friendly vibe. Also not too far from London Bridge station.

The other one is the conservation area between Great Dover Street and New Kent Road. Beautiful old houses that I'm sure will always keep their value in any flight to quality.

Do you have any price observations for these areas? What are you looking for yourself in the SE1 market?