House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reraise

Moving Forward

Every politician or management person seems to feel the need to add "moving forward" or "going forward" to the end of every sentence regardless of the content. Has anyone else noticed this? Where did this originate from? It's a bit irritating

Every politician or management person seems to feel the need to add "moving forward" or "going forward" to the end of every sentence regardless of the content. Has anyone else noticed this? Where did this originate from? It's a bit irritating

Dunno, but Merv the swerve uses it all the time. He became 'guvnah' in '03.

I have heard it said a fair bit, I assume it is to suggest that the person saying it will be "leading the way" and "in it for the longer term".

What I'm unsure of, and it especially goes for the "tough/difficult decisions" which seems to come with ever sentence from a politician, is if it is just being repeated parrot fashion or if it's a little more sinister and contrived. Do these people get dragged in to a room and told to add those sort of things to the end.

For me it is highly manipulative and if it is done knowingly I find it extremely worrying. Effectively these people are trying to manipulate you in an underhand and sneaky way.