House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie The Tramp Returns

Remembering The Blitz

When I was still a baby that very nice man Adolf Hitler decided to eliminate me.

On the first occasion his V1 landed half a mile from my home while I was hidden in the cupboard under the stairs.

His next try was most closer as his V1 rocket landed just 500 yards from my home blowing out the conservatory windows.

Having failed on two occasions he never bothered sending a V2 as he decided I was invincible. :D

Every time I feel that my generation has been unjustly done by, f**ked up by circumstance beyond our control, forced between a rock and a hard place etc etc... I Imgaine being born in 1909....

People in adult life during WW2 have the right to call me pathetic.

When I was still a baby that very nice man Adolf Hitler decided to eliminate me.

On the first occasion his V1 landed half a mile from my home while I was hidden in the cupboard under the stairs.

His next try was most closer as his V1 rocket landed just 500 yards from my home blowing out the conservatory windows.

Having failed on two occasions he never bothered sending a V2 as he decided I was invincible. :D

why would hitler target you in this way ?

Every time I feel that my generation has been unjustly done by, f**ked up by circumstance beyond our control, forced between a rock and a hard place etc etc... I Imgaine being born in 1909....

Surely 1899 - as a young British man you had a much higher chance of being butchered.

Alot of people only know of this song through Pink Floyd:

why would hitler target you in this way ?

Charlie banned him for being a troll. He kept saying that British houses would go up massively for a short time, then reach a permanent horizontal plateau.

Are you quite sure you did nothing to provoke him?

Think Charlie, think.

Surely 1899 - as a young British man you had a much higher chance of being butchered.

Alot of people only know of this song through Pink Floyd:

I reckon 1896 that would have made them available for the start of WW1. The term Lions led by Donkeys was perfectly true. If Haig had lived in the latter 20th century and had acted as such he would have faced war crimes.

Best anti war video's have to be these two IMHPO

Charlie, without wishing to seem too pedantic, The Blitz officially lasted from September 1940 to May 1941.

The first V1 was launched towards London in June 1944.

I'm pleased they missed you!

Charlie, without wishing to seem too pedantic, The Blitz officially lasted from September 1940 to May 1941.

Indeed they (and the later V2's) were Hitler's revenge weapons. June (6th) 1944 is a pivotal date in WW2 and the one more than any other that turned the course of the war. As soon as the beachheads was established it was only a matter of time before Germany lost the war.

Hitler knew this and still chucked ballistic missiles at Charlie.. The actions of a truly spiteful psychopath...

Ah Charlie, Charlie. All that 'dodging the bullet' in '44, and your own Government gives away your country to the German's 60-odd years later.

Angry much?

Ah Charlie, Charlie. All that 'dodging the bullet' in '44, and your own Government gives away your country to the German's 60-odd years later.

Angry much?

The V1 was a pretty crude weapon and was targeted by guesswork.When they began to fall in numbers the authorities released false details of impact points, showing them falling in a cluster centred upon NW London,towards Wembley.The Germans picked up on this and shortened the range by three or four miles.In fact the average IP was in the centre of London and they began to fall on the SE corner nearer to Kent.The result of this was that casualties were reduced and in fact averaged only one fatality per weapon launched.Bad news if you lived in Bromley though.

No problem being pedantic, I had to think of a Topic Title to draw in the punters, thought of Adolf Hitler and my part in his downfall but Spike Milligan had already hijacked it. :D

Charlie banned him for being a troll. He kept saying that British houses would go up massively for a short time, then reach a permanent horizontal plateau.

:lol: Brilliant.

The V1 was a pretty crude weapon and was targeted by guesswork.When they began to fall in numbers the authorities released false details of impact points, showing them falling in a cluster centred upon NW London,towards Wembley.The Germans picked up on this and shortened the range by three or four miles.In fact the average IP was in the centre of London and they began to fall on the SE corner nearer to Kent.The result of this was that casualties were reduced and in fact averaged only one fatality per weapon launched.Bad news if you lived in Bromley though.

It was even cleverer than that; they simply released full details of all the ones that went long and hushed up all the ones that went short.

drezs2_dees.jpg

Jesus wept, you can't help yourself, can you? :rolleyes:

Why don't you post images of Dunkirk? Stalingrad? Warsaw?

Good ol' Charlie wasn't in the Lanc's over Dresden, was he?

Jesus wept, you can't help yourself, can you? :rolleyes:

Why don't you post images of Dunkirk? Stalingrad? Warsaw?

Good ol' Charlie wasn't in the Lanc's over Dresden, was he?

Dresden was both bad and unnecessary.It is now generally believed that it was to demonstrate to the Soviets the power of the Air Forces.

Dresden was both bad and unnecessary.It is now generally believed that it was to demonstrate to the Soviets the power of the Air Forces.

And the V1's and V2's that Charlie and his poor old mum had to endure, these were also unnecessary. My point was, Charlie wasn't 'pressing the nipple' over Dresden in '44, so why bring it up?

1929crash just can't resist having a pop at the actions of the UK, whether today, yesterday or the last century :rolleyes:

And the V1's and V2's that Charlie and his poor old mum had to endure, these were also unnecessary. My point was, Charlie wasn't 'pressing the nipple' over Dresden in '44, so why bring it up?

1929crash just can't resist having a pop at the actions of the UK, whether today, yesterday or the last century :rolleyes:

So you believe it's OK to wipe out civilians just for the sake of it? What is the difference between that attitude and perpetrators of the Holocaust?

So you believe it's OK to wipe out civilians just for the sake of it? What is the difference between that attitude and perpetrators of the Holocaust?

I am beginning to believe you and DisQ are one and the same! Show me a post where I say that the destruction wreaked in Dresden was OK.

What I don't think is OK is the same posters, again and again, hijacking threads to lambast the actions of the UK throughout history.

Poor old Charlie, reminiscing on days gone by, and you hijack his thread with reference to an action that was nothing to do with him! Let the ol' bu55er have his wander down memory lane, pondering the slow slide of Great Britain into 'Greater Europe'.

Come to think about it, it's apologists like you who are greasing the slope for that slide!

I am beginning to believe you and DisQ are one and the same! Show me a post where I say that the destruction wreaked in Dresden was OK.

What I don't think is OK is the same posters, again and again, hijacking threads to lambast the actions of the UK throughout history.

Poor old Charlie, reminiscing on days gone by, and you hijack his thread with reference to an action that was nothing to do with him! Let the ol' bu55er have his wander down memory lane, pondering the slow slide of Great Britain into 'Greater Europe'.

Come to think about it, it's apologists like you who are greasing the slope for that slide!

If I have got your position wrong, I apologise wholeheartedly and withdraw the remark.

It did seem a reasonable implication, however, from your remarks that "1929crash likes to have apop at everything the British do, past, present and future."

I can assure you that I am not the same person as DisQ.

My Father was 3 months short of his 16th birthday when Germany invaded Poland and my Dad found himself fighting in the Polish Army, later the Free Polish Army.

My Mum and her parents were in an air raid shelter in their back garden, a bomb blew up the house about 4 doors away completely destroying it.

My maternal Grand-father was in the Home Guard and was on duty guarding a bridge when Swansea was blitzed. My Mum and Grandmother had a knock on the door saying that he had been killed - a few days later my Grandfather walked into the house bloodied having been almost killed and knocked unconcious until they got him out of the rubble.

I lived next door to a Headmistress for 30 years who never married - her fiance died in Arnhem.

I remember the 900 days of Leningrad,

The cry of the hungry, the bite of the cold,

I remember the moment I prayed I would never grow old.