House Price Crash Forum

Oven Cleaners

jackpot06

HOLA441
HOLA442

Quick easy --no elbow grease- spray in on -wipe it off -no effort -job done !!!?

I am prepared to be realistic though !

Dr. Beckmann products are very good and their oven cleaner is called Dr. Beckmann oven rescue cleaner - that's what I use and it's good.

HOLA443

Quick easy --no elbow grease- spray in on -wipe it off -no effort -job done !!!?

I am prepared to be realistic though !

This may be no help whatsoever but this is one one household job that I am prepared to get someone in to do.

I wipe the thing inside but every now and then you just have to get someone in to blitz it. I'm not spending an afternoon up to my elbows in chemicals and filth if I can avoid it.

Especially relevant in a rented house when the previous tennants appear to have exisited soley on roasted beef a la handgrenade.

HOLA444

I use Oven Pride. I've found it removes the deepest of grime but you do have to leave it a bit so not possibly what you wanted.

It brings stainless steel up a treat in the bag that's provided.

HOLA445

I use Oven Pride. I've found it removes the deepest of grime but you do have to leave it a bit so not possibly what you wanted.

It brings stainless steel up a treat in the bag that's provided.

Yes, Oven Pride is good. I used it on the truly filthy oven which I inherited on buying my house. It did need two attempts but it brought the cooker almost up to a new standard.

HOLA446

I used oven pride on my rental last year and it took me the best part of a day.

When I move out I will get someone in to do it - often get flyers through the door advertising the firms doing it.

Sainsburys had the best prices on oven pride at the time. They have a plastic bag option which you can fill with the fluid and then place the racks in them to get the gunk off racks.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

the new oven cleaner block ive invented does it for you.

all you do is place 'oven triumph' into your oven.

line the bottom with aluminium foil.

set the heat to 200c for 20 mins.

the bicarb soda granules in oven triumph react to the heat and burst out of the paper box, in the heat they turn to bicarbonate vapour, before gradually cooling turning into to absorbent soda chrystals which stick to the hot metalic surfaces of the inner oven and hard to reach areas.

after 20mins turn the heat off and let the bicarbonate chrystals cool back to granules. before falling to the floor of the oven, along with the grease. this is then folded into the foil and discarded.

simple as 1 2 3 4

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

When I move out I will get someone in to do it - often get flyers through the door advertising the firms doing it.

What do they charge for doing it? My wife wants the oven cleaned but the prices I've seen are high.

HOLA4413

oven pride, basically a DIY professional cleaning system, in a box, you get the cleaning gunk, gloves and a big plastic bag. All the oven bits go into a bag you pour the gunk in and it cleans it really well. The spare gunk cleans up the oven. Its v powerful stuff, and you end up with a new looking oven (as long as you dont kill yourself on the fumes). It takes an evening, just leave it on limited scrubbing needed to do the main oven

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Archived