House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rigsby II

Land For Sale

Guest rigsby II

I've seen a few of these on t'internet.

Basically someone buys cheapish farmland without planning and chops them up into plots in the hope of getting planning in the future. Many haven't got a cat in hells chance of ever getting planning - or have they ?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-822...pa_n=3&tr_t=buy

Anyone know if this type of development type has ever been passed ?

Basically someone buys cheapish farmland without planning and chops them up into plots in the hope of getting planning in the future.  Many haven't got a cat in hells chance of ever getting planning - or have they ?

Massively overpriced for starters and not cat in hells chance of getting PP.

D

You could apply for planning permission without buying the plot, although it will cost a nominal fee.

Then when it fails we will all say "I told you do!"

Basically someone buys cheapish farmland without planning and chops them up into plots in the hope of getting planning in the future.  Many haven't got a cat in hells chance of ever getting planning - or have they ?

I looked at one of these at Dunkirk Hill outside of Devizes Wilts, early this year, plots were advertised on plotsearch and also on ebay.

Went to Kennet District Council and spoke to development control dept who advised that the land was outside of the build line and that the structure plan had just been revised and would prohibit any builing for about ten years (if my memory serves me right)

Numerous people had erected fences etc - Kennet DC were to envoke some further powers to remove any "permitted development rights (sheds etc)" as people were making a sort of start at developing what is agricultuaral land.

A building plot is only a plot if it has at least outline planning permission.

The field was adjacent to the edge of Devizes.

I have looked at various other bits of land around Wilts and Somerset and if there is any chance of getting planning it is reflected in the price.

House prices being high is a myth - its the land and the legally available building land that is in short supply and expensive.