House Price Crash Forum
danlee74

Bournemouth Area

Hopefully this is a BTL "empire" starting to crumble and not an unfortunate owner-occupier but it's always good to see evidence of what you believe to be happening around you ...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15826896.html sold at £85,000 (Repossession?)

Was last sold according to houseprices.co.uk for £105,000 in May 2005. http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=st+peters+road+bournemouth&s=51&n=10

Anecdotally I am seeing a lot more "New Prices" through the Bee recently within 10 miles of Bournemouth. Maybe some of those second home owners over here are starting to get panicky.

Anyone else have news on the Bournemouth area?

Hopefully this is a BTL "empire" starting to crumble and not an unfortunate owner-occupier but it's always good to see evidence of what you believe to be happening around you ...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15826896.html sold at £85,000 (Repossession?)

Was last sold according to houseprices.co.uk for £105,000 in May 2005. http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=st+peters+road+bournemouth&s=51&n=10

Anecdotally I am seeing a lot more "New Prices" through the Bee recently within 10 miles of Bournemouth. Maybe some of those second home owners over here are starting to get panicky.

Anyone else have news on the Bournemouth area?

I'm in Poole BH15 and little seems to be moving. Prices reducing by 5 or 10 grand over time but painfully slowly. I get the impression that a lot of 'sellers' are regretfully going To LET rather than take a decent lump off the price. More fool them.

I am seeing more reductions lately, as Juvenial pointed out 5 - 10K, but there is the occassional large drop from a desperate seller.

There is a smell of fear in the air and we really are at another tipping point.

I am seeing more reductions lately, as Juvenial pointed out 5 - 10K, but there is the occassional large drop from a desperate seller.

There is a smell of fear in the air and we really are at another tipping point.

Yeh - I've noted the small 5-10k reductions on many properties - but it will take a lot more than that to get me interested!!

I agree with the tipping point comment - let's hope that there will be no more "kicking the can down the road" Government action and that the true market floor can be allowed to be found this time. I have had many years of my mortgage owning family / friends smug faces (apart from late 2007 - early 2009) and I am looking forward to another blast of cold reality to be blown over the UK housing market.

The Liebore Government created this mess with their suicidal policies, hopefully the coalition have the balls to make sure that the UK public are informed about this.

Thanks for your comments juvenal and Conrad.