House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Cash Isa Into Share Isa

I have a cash ISA with one of the UK banks and also a Shares ISA with one of the UK trading firms - I wish to move the cash ISA money into the shares ISA now and buy, um, some shares in the coming months.

I believe you can now do this so, basically, how do I go about this.

Do I just inform the share trading firm and they will move the money across or do I have to go into the bank which, in this case, is Lloyds and fill in forms with them.

Thanks.

I have a cash ISA with one of the UK banks and also a Shares ISA with one of the UK trading firms - I wish to move the cash ISA money into the shares ISA now and buy, um, some shares in the coming months.

I believe you can now do this so, basically, how do I go about this.

Do I just inform the share trading firm and they will move the money across or do I have to go into the bank which, in this case, is Lloyds and fill in forms with them.

Thanks.

You can do that, and you need to inform the share trading firm who will probably handle it all for you. If they need you to do anything with Lloyds they'll let you know.

You can't move it back though, you can't transfer funds from an equity ISA back to a cash ISA, so make sure you really want to make the switch.

You can do that, and you need to inform the share trading firm who will probably handle it all for you. If they need you to do anything with Lloyds they'll let you know.

You can't move it back though, you can't transfer funds from an equity ISA back to a cash ISA, so make sure you really want to make the switch.

Thanks for the info and the good warning. Ta.