House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

Beckingham Palace Up For Sale £2.5M In 1999 - £18M In 2010

Property/Estate near me.

Advertised Sept 09 offers over £17.5m - plenty interest - no real takers - thru strutt and parker

Removed from market Jan 10

Readvertised May 10 offers over £13.75m - small interest - sold Aug 10 - thru savills

Sale price unknown

What did the buyer get?

14 bed Grade 1 Georgian house - beautiful

5 cottages

approx 850 acres

Overall condition fair at best

Requiring serious money - uneconomic as farm - too small

Break up value huge

Location 30 miles from central london

Surrey is very overpriced.

No, it's north of London not south. It's near Sawbridgeworth in less desirable Herts.

The Beckham's cash flow problems must have deteriorated since it was reported in the Wail on 21 Aug that their accountant has advised cost savings to their empire (in particular firing servants). Apparently they only had £125m left but were not considering selling any property.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1304881/Posh-Cutbecks-The-truth-David-Victorias-spendthrift-lifestyle.html

These odious narcissistic twerps's hopes of honouring themselves with an air of royalty were scuppered by the unfortunate fact that part of post-fix they so desperately craved to exploit is already instinsic to their own surname ("ingham" and "ham")

Rather than accept this awkward fact with dignity and adopt a house name with elegance, wit and originality they went ahead nevertheless with the adoption of a very poor, cringe-inducing play on words, providing living proof that you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Never once have I subscribed to the Beckham band-wagon. He was good footballer with good looks but nothing more. She was a poor singer with merely average looks who got lucky as one of the faces of nineties institutionalised misandry. Both embodied the very superficiality that has led a nation to catastrophe yet have been honoured to the hilt. Since when did either feel compelled to visit a library or even so much as pick up a book? Quite. And what message has that sent to British youth? Had the Beckhams spent a little less time preening themselves in front of the camera and expandng their minds instead they might have come up with a house name to inspire a generation instead of helping dumb it down.

A profit of £15.5m in eleven years is nothing to be sniffed at, but what price would you, dear reader, have accepted to be the wool that's been pulled over a nation's eyes leading it to financial destruction?

£15.5M. I guess that's about what 30 pieces of silver is worth these days.

Edited by Dave Spart

THEY HAVE NOT MADE A PENNY PROFIT. It's not sold yet! Wait till 3 months after the papers say its sold - see the price on LR. Then get angry if you wish. I suspect it will sell for well under £10m, after millions spent on it. 24 acres in East Herts is not Bucks or Surrey.

These odious narcissistic twerps's hopes of honouring themselves with an air of royalty were scuppered by the unfortunate fact that part of post-fix they so desperately craved to exploit is already instinsic to their own surname ("ingham" and "ham")

Rather than accept this awkward fact with dignity and adopt a house name with elegance, wit and originality they went ahead nevertheless with the adoption of a very poor, cringe-inducing play on words, providing living proof that you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Never once have I subscribed to the Beckham band-wagon. He was good footballer with good looks but nothing more. She was a poor singer with merely average looks who got lucky as one of the faces of nineties institutionalised misandry. Both embodied the very superficiality that has led a nation to catastrophe yet have been honoured to the hilt. Since when did either feel compelled to visit a library or even so much as pick up a book? Quite. And what message has that sent to British youth? Had the Beckhams spent a little less time preening themselves in front of the camera and expandng their minds instead they might have come up with a house name to inspire a generation instead of helping dumb it down.

A profit of £15.5m in eleven years is nothing to be sniffed at, but what price would you, dear reader, have accepted to be the wool that's been pulled over a nation's eyes leading it to financial destruction?

Which is all very well, but it's the media that call it Beckingham Palace, not the Beckhams.

Quality post, Comrade Spart.

It will soon have competition from Chateau Rooney, if reports of their divorce are correct.

Still, these are just the types of properties that Arab and Russian billionaires will be rushing to snap up............ :rolleyes:

Yeah, right.

Had you spent a little less time preening yourself in front of the forum you might have come up with a fact to inspire a generation instead of helping dumb it down.

Shill.

PUBLISHED: 10:39, 16 March 2014 | UPDATED: 13:49, 16 March 2014
A disgraced tycoon is the mystery buyer who snapped up Beckingham Palace for £11.5 million, it emerged today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2581969/Beckingham-Palace-sold-insurance-tycoon-11-5m-got-Aston-Martin-two-Jags-thrown-in.html

In some ways I can understand why money is centering hot back onto the major cities - closeby to many like-minded 'elite' individuals around. Easier to keep secure, with shops and services within easy reach.

Never really studied Beckingham Palace before, but it probably doesn't deserve the Chavie title. It's actually quite a nice grade two listed Queen Anne style house...there is a nice looking wood within a hundred yards and unpretentious lawns.

Well done David. We must leave all the Chavie stuff to the landed gentry and Royalty...thinking Fergie's former Southfork style ranch and the Marques of Bath's theme park.

I guess the chavie stuff is posh and the restrained renovation chavie these days.

Edited by crashmonitor

I just see local lad made good who married a local Herts girl and did well. And your contribution to inspiring a generation....

I just see local lad made good who married a local Herts girl and did well. And your contribution to inspiring a generation....

Ive never met either of them. I wonder what they are like....then again, Ive not met about 63million other British people...I cant spend all my life wondering what other people are like.

Property/Estate near me.

Advertised Sept 09 offers over £17.5m - plenty interest - no real takers - thru strutt and parker

Removed from market Jan 10

Readvertised May 10 offers over £13.75m - small interest - sold Aug 10 - thru savills

Sale price unknown

What did the buyer get?

14 bed Grade 1 Georgian house - beautiful

5 cottages

approx 850 acres

Overall condition fair at best

Requiring serious money - uneconomic as farm - too small

Break up value huge

Location 30 miles from central london

Surrey is very overpriced.

Seems it only took 5 years to sell.

Easy money.