House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lone_Twin

Allsop Twitter Hack Lulz

Oh hell, what a terrible waste. If I had Allslop's account at my disposal I'd have been rather more creative.

Probably her password was 'kirstie' or something retarded.

ih4t3HPC

Kirstie Allsopp's Twitter account hit by 'free iPads' scam

TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp had her Twitter account hacked over the weekend by cybercriminals who sent tweets aiming to trap her followers into a £4.50-a-week premium rate phone scam.

The tweeted updates encouraged Allsopp's followers to reveal personal information in a fake survey that would let them apply for free iPads.

Allsopp was notified about the hack by her followers. She later thanked some of them on her verfied KirstieMAllsopp account, which she has now recovered.

She has also deleted all the tweets sent by the hackers.

Late on Sunday evening Allsopp tweeted: "Have gone in changed password, changed profile pic, deleted ipad tweets, all better - can I go to bed now please? And so should all of you x".

Writing on his blog, security expert Graham Cluley said that because the messages were sent via the web, the hack wasn't implemented by a third-party application or a linked website.

He said: "The most likely conclusion is that Kirstie Allsopp's Twitter password was stolen via phishing or spyware infection on her computer, or that she was using the same password on multiple websites - which is never a good idea".

Kirstie Allsopp, who has presented the Channel 4 shows Location, Location, Location and Kirstie's Homemade Home, has over 47,700 followers on Twitter.

Source: WebUser

Kirstie Allsopp's Twitter account hit by 'free iPads' scam

TV presenter Kirstie Allsopp had her Twitter account hacked over the weekend by cybercriminals who sent tweets aiming to trap her followers into a £4.50-a-week premium rate phone scam.

The tweeted updates encouraged Allsopp's followers to reveal personal information in a fake survey that would let them apply for free iPads.

Allsopp was notified about the hack by her followers. She later thanked some of them on her verfied KirstieMAllsopp account, which she has now recovered.

She has also deleted all the tweets sent by the hackers.

Late on Sunday evening Allsopp tweeted: "Have gone in changed password, changed profile pic, deleted ipad tweets, all better - can I go to bed now please? And so should all of you x".

Writing on his blog, security expert Graham Cluley said that because the messages were sent via the web, the hack wasn't implemented by a third-party application or a linked website.

He said: "The most likely conclusion is that Kirstie Allsopp's Twitter password was stolen via phishing or spyware infection on her computer, or that she was using the same password on multiple websites - which is never a good idea".

Kirstie Allsopp, who has presented the Channel 4 shows Location, Location, Location and Kirstie's Homemade Home, has over 47,700 followers on Twitter.

Source: WebUser

Has she started ramping i-pads now ?