House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

Morrissey Brands The Chinese A Sub-Species

OFFS. Humans are not animals.

Oh yeah, I forgot the main storyline over this was Morrissey being a tad racist

Got carried away with roller skating bears, sorry :D

Arent we all sub species of a sort?

Or is this another word the PC police throw you in the slammer for, lest someone somewhere somehow might possibly maybe be slightly offended if they think about it over and over and have nothing better to do with their time.

If so i didnt know, please forgive Harriet Harman, Jackboot Smith, Diane Abbott, Jesse Jackson, Al sharpton and Jane Fonda.

0:32, so thats what Mr Blobby is upto.

Anyway, this video appears to be from c.1983, probably stopped long ago.

Doubt it, this kind of thing is in their psyche.

I had no idea the Chinese were up to this sort of stuff. Killing dogs barbarically and eating them sure. But boxing bears??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdhZwCiqD6E

I am astonished they even managed to train wild animals to box like that, or roller skate. Severe punishments must have been used to control them.

In the UK we do the Killing dogs barbarically but not the eating part.As for two bears in oversized boxing gloves on TV, not so sure.

Along with the Indians and the majority of Africa they are , they just don't know when to stop breeding.

1.3 billion? i rest my case.

WTF do you think we are then? Plants?

:lol:

Nobody has yet mentioned the Spanish.

Animal rights folk must have this on loop as a screensaver by now:

:lol:

Nobody has yet mentioned the Spanish.

Animal rights folk must have this on loop as a screensaver by now:

I was thinking the same

Spain

I think it is more a case that the Chinese have a totally different attitude towards animals. Have been to China once and never again as the casual cruelty they show towards animals is just way too upsetting, especially as I am vegetarian. Once thing sticks in my mind and that was the sight of a fishmonger plucking a live fish from a container and proceeding to scrape off its scales whilst it was still alive all the time where the fish was wriggling around in obvious agony. I don't think Morrissey was too far off the mark

Raher a holier than thou attitude shown here.

But big populations occured primarily because of wars which did not escalate into the dire predictions. India skirmished with Pakistan but never went into total war. China skirmished with the USSR it came to a head in 1969 when USSR nukes were prepared.

China also the land of famine, the past 2000 years there has been a famine every other year since 200BC of varying intensity and severity, which is why it is traditional for wealthy people to hand out rice.... still happens in HK today rice is handed out.

So while a lot of you say oh I wont eat this and that when TSHTF and there is nothing else to eat will you carry your attitudes with you? Chileans trapped in a crashed airplane started to eat each other. French infantry invading Russia retreating ate their cavalry horses. Trapped Germans in Stalingrad ate each other. Gulag prisoners started to eat each other in Siberia.

I think it is more a case that the Chinese have a totally different attitude towards animals. Have been to China once and never again as the casual cruelty they show towards animals is just way too upsetting, especially as I am vegetarian. Once thing sticks in my mind and that was the sight of a fishmonger plucking a live fish from a container and proceeding to scrape off its scales whilst it was still alive all the time where the fish was wriggling around in obvious agony. I don't think Morrissey was too far off the mark

Yeah, I'd avoid making sweeping statements about nationalities or races. Cultures are a different thing. People chose them to both include themselves and set themselves apart.

Of the South East Asians I have known in any depth, all were an absolute credit to humanity.

That made it all the more difficult for me to come to terms with the more extreme forms of sushi seem in Japan. I am refering to "Live Sushi" - basically eating the flesh of a fish whilst it is still alive.

For those who think they will find this upsetting, I would avoid until you have had a chance to imagine what you might see - we're talking fish basically being picked over by eager diners whilst they are still futilely gasping for air. It's really all rather nasty and unnecessary. After all, even most wild animals manage (obviously for practical reasons) to kill their prey before eating it.

Because Moz is indie royalty, probably gay, and a cultural icon his repeated racism has been glossed over but he's clearly got a huge problem with other races and it comes out pretty explicitly from time to time.

Why not just say the Chinese animal rights record is appalling instead of using such a naziesque jibe?

I'm not going to comment on this directly, but just want to pass on what a friend of mine once said. He's a very left wing, Welsh chap, so it was even more surprising when he came out with this:

"Of course they've got no souls, have you heard their music?"

And, in a way, I can see where he's coming from.

PS - back to the live sushi video. I am a meat eater, but I don't eat fish. Part of that is growing up in a household where meat was shot/strangled/picked up from the roadside for dinner. As a kid I was taken sea fishing a few times, and it did my head in. Before that, it had been drummed into me that we respect the animals we eat, and make sure they have a swift, relatively painless end. But, when it comes to fish, nobody gives a toss. Leave them there, thrashing about on the deck - they'll drown (in air) eventuality. Not sure if that's why I still don't eat fish, but I still find it repellant. Perhaps more because it tends to smell of public lavatories.

<br />I think it is more a case that the Chinese have a totally different attitude towards animals. Have been to China once and never again as the casual cruelty they show towards animals is just way too upsetting, especially as I am vegetarian. Once thing sticks in my mind and that was the sight of a fishmonger plucking a live fish from a container and proceeding to scrape off its scales whilst it was still alive all the time where the fish was wriggling around in obvious agony. I don't think Morrissey was too far off the mark<br />

There's nothing like searching out a poodle or two in the live chinese meat markets.

Most of Asia eat them anyway - although as they get a wealthier middle class emerging they are starting to copy westerners & keeping as pets.

Japan takes the fish flesh further, in that once you choose your fish the sushi chef slashes all the fillets off whilst it's still live and serves it to you with fish still blowing bubbles!

Mr cheeky chappie say:

"How long does flipping fish blow bubbles at you?"

Banzai!