House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

G20 Members Agree Economic Recovery To Continue - Yes It's All Ok Folks

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/9250767

* Speed may slow but markets overreacted -delegate

* IMF representation also discussed

* Trichet calls for common EU position on IMF issues (Adds ECB's Trichet)

By Yoo Choonsik and Rachel Armstrong

GWANGJU, South Korea, Sept 4 (Reuters) - G20 delegates agreed on Saturday global economic recovery would endure although the speed of expansion may slow, a South Korean official said.

Kim Jae-chun, deputy governor of South Korea's central bank who co-chaired the meeting of G20 finance and central bank deputies, also told reporters they thought market reaction to concerns about economic slowdown was overblown.

"There was an agreement that the (global) recovery will continue even though the speed may slow from the level we thought of two to three months ago," Kim said after their meeting in the country's southwestern city of Gwangju.

Another official from a member country, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said there was discussion about the issue of readjusting representation on the International Monetary Fund's executive board but declined to elaborate.

John Lipsky, the IMF's first deputy managing director, declined to comment when asked if the issue would be resolved soon.

The G20 members have pledged to reach an agreement on the issue by the leaders' summit in Seoul in November but Europe has been reluctant to accept the proposals as it would diminish its voting rights on the board.

"Everybody is working very hard on it," said Jean-Pierre Landau, deputy governor of the Bank of France.

That's nice the G20 have agreed that the global recovery will continue, that's very nice of them. We can all sleep easy this weekend the worlds experts have given the recovery permission to continue.

I think I'll have a drink in celebration tonight.

I'm glad everything is OK now!.

these diamonds are looking a bit rusty, and my Cadillac has bird shit in it! :huh:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/9250767

That's nice the G20 have agreed that the global recovery will continue, that's very nice of them. We can all sleep easy this weekend the worlds experts have given the recovery permission to continue.

I think I'll have a drink in celebration tonight.

phew this is great news. These people have never in history once been wrong.

It's like the Muppet Show, except The Muppets had more credibility.

It always amazes me that people (the media) give so much deference and respect to those that got it so wrong for so long and continue to do so.

The intellectual difference between a G20 bigwig and the average HPC poster is what a couple of hundred grand and limitless expenses.

They are just men and the odd woman who crawled and schemed and game-played their way to the top.

And we are characters in the Taming of the Shrew denying that the Moon is the Sun.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/09/05/business/business-us-g20-economy-lipsky.html?_r=1&src=busln

GWANGJU, South Korea (Reuters) - The world economy is recovering moderately but still faces challenges such as the need for medium-term fiscal consolidation, the IMF's First Managing Director, John Lipsky, said on Sunday.

"They are mainly confident that there is a moderate recovery underway globally," he told reporters, referring to delegates at the G20 meeting of deputy finance and central bank chiefs in South Korea.

"Obviously there are risks and challenges, but things seem to be moving more or less in line with our forecast," he said, listing well-designed exit strategies and medium-term fiscal consolidation as challenges.

He said some good progress has been made in discussing changes to the IMFs executive board, but did not elaborate. G20 members have pledged to reach an agreement on the issue by the time leaders meet in Seoul in November.

It's the moderate recovery.