House Price Crash Forum
Bradbury Robinson

Unique Property...

I received this one via email from Rightmove:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29119118.html

I was originally intrigued by the number of windows the property had, the size of the property and the fact that it only had two bedrooms for a house of its size so did a little digging to find out where it was. Also the 'gated entrance' and off street parking got me thinking as I wouldn't have expected them in this particular street.

I eventually found it.

Here's a Google maps link, the property is located in the 'passageway' in between Queen's Road and Enbutt Lane:

Google Maps

And here are the Google Streetview links from either end of your 'passageway':

Google Streetview - You can just make out the property in this one!

Google Streetview

In the old days you would have called that 'passageway' an 'entry' and I seem to recall it was used by people as a pit-stop on their way back from the local pubs before hitting the Chinese takeaway!

I still haven't worked out why there are only two bedrooms though.

Can't find these for sale on Rightmove, although there are boards up outside:

Streetview

The entrance to these flats is in the passageway next to the beauty place, it's not nice down there at all!

Incidentally if you pan right on streetview the Home & Bargain that you can see is in the old Woolworths store, which was asked on another thread somewhere.

As far as I can remember, that used to be Ryders, a Ford dealership. The entrance to the workshops and showroom was through the alleyway.

Maybe the house is the old workshop building?

Title "Unique Property"

Post #2: here's another

Post #3: and some more

Erm .... let me guess. You were an estate agent, but couldn't cope with the rules requiring truth in property descriptions?

this is just poor. who the fk wants to live there anyway let alone in an alley way?

if u cant get any interest on rightmove then this really is the wrong place.

good luck surviving this but dont put too much hope on posting crap like that here.

As far as I can remember, that used to be Ryders, a Ford dealership. The entrance to the workshops and showroom was through the alleyway.

Maybe the house is the old workshop building?

The Ryders garage was on the other side of Endbutt lane so I don't think it was that, unless they had a smaller garage or storage in the entry opposite.

Plus you get a whiff of Wing Wah when the wind is blowing in the right direction.

One of the previous incarnations of WIng Wah was shut down on food hygiene grounds many years ago, the evidence was shocking.

Just to add that I'm not an estate agent, ex-estate agent or selling any of those places!

sh*t house

sh*t price

sh*t area

hang on - twigs in a vase!:

30468_118601_IMG_04_0000.jpg

I'll give you 250k!

If you decide to invest in the twigs, what are the expected returns? Do they grow into fully fledged trees, do they eventually grow fruit?

The light in the rooms looks very one-sided which makes me think that there must be no windows on the other side of the building.

A detached back-to-back :P

30468_118601_IMG_05_0000.jpg

Does the house come with all that bog roll? :unsure:

I don't know about you lot but I don't understand people who have bog roll mountains like that on display.

Just me then..