House Price Crash Forum

Why Having Valid Travel Insurance Is A Good Idea.

Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1308746/Briton-26-paralysed-95-cent-blinded-Thai-road-accident-needs-35-000-fly-UK.html

I travel a lot on business and for pleasure and I am somewhat paranoid about being properly covered. This guy seems to have been disorganized in these arrangements and of course he then got very unlucky - now his family will  face having to pay for him to get home (though I expect Daily Mail readers may well chip in).

I do wonder how much of this was a small print issue, but in fairness to the original insurer most policies do limit how long or how many days you can spend abroad on one trip.  If you want longer you need to say.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Died at the scene.... took paramedics seven minutes to bring him back to life.....brain was without oxygen for a long time.....Paralysed from the neck down.....95% loss of sight......

If it were me, I would be hoping that my family would leave me out there and that the hospital would, in the absence of any payment, let me die in peace.

HOLA445

Died at the scene.... took paramedics seven minutes to bring him back to life.....brain was without oxygen for a long time.....Paralysed from the neck down.....95% loss of sight......

If it were me, I would be hoping that my family would leave me out there and that the hospital would, in the absence of any payment, let me die in peace.

I have to agree with that.

HOLA446

Archived