Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barrabus

Beneifit Recipients Names And Amounts Should Be Published

Recommended Posts

Names and details of all benefits and amounts should be on show at the local town hall,this would ensure people only got there entitlement and cut out fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would it solve? Mr "bad back" might take a bit more care not to get caught lifting weights. What are you gonna do with the information, spend your days spying on people? For all the wrongs in this world, this is what you'd devote your energy to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Names and details of all benefits and amounts should be on show at the local town hall,this would ensure people only got there entitlement and cut out fraud.

:o

it would be cheaper to issue an armband with the benefit entitlement.

how about

yellow armband - jsa

brown armband - income support

black armband - disability

- being serious, do you not think people have a right to privacy or anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But if we're going for complete transparency.. we surely need a list of everyone's earnings and bonuses (or turnover if business), and total taxes paid(corporation tax, paye, etc.) on those earnings ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Names and details of all benefits and amounts should be on show at the local town hall,this would ensure people only got there entitlement and cut out fraud.

I want to know how much you earn. Care to share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Names and details of all benefits and amounts should be on show at the local town hall,this would ensure people only got there entitlement and cut out fraud.

I dont see that as especially useful. How about a register instead so before you buy or rent somewhere you could check and see if you'd be moving in next door to someone who might play loud music until 3 in the morning because they dont have a job to go to next day.

Fascist? Maybe.

Useful? Very.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But if we're going for complete transparency.. we surely need a list of everyone's earnings and bonuses (or turnover if business), and total taxes paid(corporation tax, paye, etc.) on those earnings ?

yup. whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Barrabus, please submit your payslips/business accounts and council tax receipts to hpc for review

edit - gone to lunch early today barrabus, or day off? (OP posted @ 11.46am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:o

it would be cheaper to issue an armband with the benefit entitlement.

how about

yellow armband - jsa

brown armband - income support

black armband - disability

- being serious, do you not think people have a right to privacy or anything?

It is tax payers money,and only recipients who are on mean tested benefits for long periods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Names and details of all benefits and amounts should be on show at the local town hall,this would ensure people only got there entitlement and cut out fraud.

IIRC, I think I read somewhere that in Norway all tax returns, of all citizens, are public, freely available on the internet. But please double check that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

being serious, do you not think people have a right to privacy or anything?

Dont people have a right to keep the money they earn rather than have it taken from them to feed low lifes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup. whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Barrabus, please submit your payslips/business accounts and council tax receipts to hpc for review

edit - gone to lunch early today barrabus, or day off? (OP posted @ 11.46am

I am not in receipt of means tested benefits ,so thats between me and the tax man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont people have a right to keep the money they earn rather than have it taken from them to feed low lifes?

The govt has the right to lock you up if you dont hand over your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not in receipt of means tested benefits ,so thats between me and the tax man

Ahh, but I pay for the tax man. I need to know the figures so I can ensure he is doing the job correctly, and make sure you're not committing tax fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myself;£127Thats £52 in JSA, £60 to my SRL and £15 to the council.I get to see 40% of it, the other 60% goes directly to the state (the SRL being a de facto institution of the state) before it reaches me.of the £52;roughly £5 on water, £5 gas, £7 electricity and £3 on the legally required TV license (I bought a TV when working and the job centre does not allow me to store it there in periods of unemployment).Leaving £32 for clothes, food, cleaning products, travel, entertainment, alcohol, tobacco and illegal drugs.However it barely covers milk, bread, butter and beans with a 200g portion of meat on a Sunday, and fish on a friday from the supermarket. Hardly the lifestyle of a King.Told Clegg, on the other hand; "It was revealed Mr Clegg had claimed £84,000 in four years on the home, which he described as a "modest" property that was in a "complete state of disrepair" when he bought it.""http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news2/Clegg-puts-39modest39-home-on.6510971.jpI'm somewhat baffled as to how a person in full time employment of £65K+ per year can claim £22K in benefits, when I get about £6K.I suppose I could always get a £10K job and spend £1K on travel.I'd be foolish not to work for a £1 per hour.I wouldn't mind a £65k job with generous benefits mind you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myself;£127Thats £52 in JSA, £60 to my SRL and £15 to the council.I get to see 40% of it, the other 60% goes directly to the state (the SRL being a de facto institution of the state) before it reaches me.of the £52;roughly £5 on water, £5 gas, £7 electricity and £3 on the legally required TV license (I bought a TV when working and the job centre does not allow me to store it there in periods of unemployment).Leaving £32 for clothes, food, cleaning products, travel, entertainment, alcohol, tobacco and illegal drugs.However it barely covers milk, bread, butter and beans with a 200g portion of meat on a Sunday, and fish on a friday from the supermarket. Hardly the lifestyle of a King.Told Clegg, on the other hand; "It was revealed Mr Clegg had claimed £84,000 in four years on the home, which he described as a "modest" property that was in a "complete state of disrepair" when he bought it.""http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news2/Clegg-puts-39modest39-home-on.6510971.jpI'm somewhat baffled as to how a person in full time employment of £65K+ per year can claim £22K in benefits, when I get about £6K.I suppose I could always get a £10K job and spend £1K on travel.I'd be foolish not to work for a £1 per hour.I wouldn't mind a £65k job with generous benefits mind you!

This proves the point you are willing to show your entitled benefits, you are unemployed through no fault of your own,If however you were working and undercutting other trades people,or was a single mother who lives with a partner on the QT you would not like the facts published on the local council,s web page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not in receipt of means tested benefits ,so thats between me and the tax man

Wouldn't want to know about either of you, unless I was some sort of pinchy nosed Daily Mail reader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a list of people whose net take from the state exceeds the pay in. After NHS costs, tax credits, working credits, child credits, child benefit, housing benefit and all the rest we can dispel this myth of "hard working families" and replace it with "hard working single people" who will be conspicuous by their absence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a list of people whose net take from the state exceeds the pay in. After NHS costs, tax credits, working credits, child credits, child benefit, housing benefit and all the rest we can dispel this myth of "hard working families" and replace it with "hard working single people" who will be conspicuous by their absence.

Single working people are now more likely to be in poverty than pensioners or unemployed families.The youth have less prospects, cannot afford housing, are paid a lot less, receive lower benefits, are unable to claim working tax credits, pay the highest level of car insurance, have had to pay for their education and will pay higher tax rates, and work longer.And for working to support everyone else, they'll receive less than everyone else.EQUALITY ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 152 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.