House Price Crash Forum

The Devil Made Him Say It

Catch22

HOLA441

Christian fundamentalism ?

The Devil made him say it

Quotes from the article:

"I said our special forces should, quote, 'take him out,' and 'take him out' can be a number of things, including kidnapping," said Robertson.

But then Robertson apparently reconsidered - or re-remembered - and apologized for what he didn't say: "Is it right to call for assassination? No, and I apologize for that statement. I spoke in frustration that we should accommodate the man who thinks the U.S. is out to kill him."

Televangelist Pat Roberston's remark on TV in relation to him urging the assasination of the democratically elected President of Venezuela, by US government forces. Anybody would think Venezuela had large reserves of Oil.......oh they have :rolleyes:

And the same Pat Robertson who agreed (by nodding his head) with fellow televangelist Jerry Falwell when the latter said that the Sept. 11 attacks were the consequence of "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America."

HOLA442
HOLA443
Yeah, but we've all felt like saying stuff like that. I probably say that a few times a day, for crying out loud. There's loads of people who I wouldn't mind being taken out.

Yes but with the greatest respect Rich M, I would not consider you to be someone who could influence the "mindset" of millions of Christian fundamentalists, like these televangelists do. It was these loons [ IMO] who voted Bush in for a second term.

Here is a very interesting transcript of the American TV show "60 Minutes" dated October 2002. I find it an interesting revelation considering Americas failure to back the United Nations in relation to Palestine. Which anyone who has researched the history of Middle East politics, will recognised the failure to solve the Palestine Problem "fairly" has resulted in fueling "world terrorism" as determined by the "West"

Zion's Christian Soldiers

Funny thing is I stumbled upon this "transcript" whilst researching the assasination of John Lennon

Although its quite a long piece it is well worth reading, its the "nutters voting for who runs the asylum"

Part quotes the article;

SHOW: 60 Minutes

DATE: October 6, 2002

ZION'S CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS

BOB SIMON reporting:

What's the number-one item on the agenda of the Christian right? Abortion? School prayer? No and no. Believe it or not, what's most important to a lot of conservative Christians is the Jewish state, Israel; its size, its strength, its survival. Why so? Well, there is the alliance between America and Israel in the war on Islamic terror, but it goes deeper. For Christians who interpret the Bible in a literal fashion, Israel has a crucial role to play in bringing on the Second Coming of Christ.....................................

Mr. McATEER: ...I believe that we are seeing prophecy unfold so rapidly and dramatically and wonderfully and, without exaggerating, makes me breathless...................

The final battle in the history of the future will be fought on this ancient battleground in northern Israel called Armageddon. It will follow seven years of tribulation during which the Earth will be shaken by such disasters that previous human history will seem like a day in the country. The blood will rise as high as a horse's bridle here at Armageddon, before Christ triumphs to begin his 1,000-year rule. And the Jews? Well, two-thirds of them will have been wiped out by now, and the survivors will accept Jesus at last.

Mr. GERSHOM GORENBERG (Author): The Jews die or convert. As a Jew, I can't feel very comfortable with the affections of somebody who looks forward to that scenario.

(Footage of Gorenberg; book, "The End of Days")

SIMON: (Voiceover) Gershom Gorenberg knows that scenario well. He's the author of "The End of Days," a book about those Christian evangelicals who choose to read the Bible literally.

Mr. GORENBERG: They don't love the real Jewish people. They love us as characters in their story, in their play, and that's not who we are. And we never auditioned for that part, and the play is not one that ends up good for us.

SIMON: It ends up with salvation for the Christians, for the people who wrote the play, but not for you.

Mr. GORENBERG: Correct. If you listen to the drama that they are prescri--they're describing, essentially, it's a five-act play in which the Jews disappear in the fourth act.

(Footage of Simon and Gorenberg)

SIMON: (Voiceover) But if that makes Gershom Gorenberg feel uncomfortable, these Christians maintain, it's only because he doesn't understand how deeply they love him.

Ms. KAY ARTHUR (Precept Ministries): The Jews need conversion. They need to know that Messiah is coming. And the Bible tells us what's going to happen.

HOLA444

Abortion is more of a serious issue to evangelical x-ians than Israel, in my experience. I am more concerned about the EUs support of Palestine, to be honest.

Bush had plenty of support from more mainstream x-ians as well as many gays and atheists (though obviously not the majority of these groupings). There is no big agenda to bring about the second coming, IMO.

Why was Hugo Chavez so dodgy anyway? Is he just another Castro figure?

HOLA445
There is no big agenda to bring about the second coming, IMO.

Maybe not, but there are people who are very dedicated to making it happen and I'm sure they're glad to see Bush creating chaos in the Middle East which they could provoke into war.

Look up 'red heifer' sometime, just for one example.

HOLA446
Maybe not, but there are people who are very dedicated to making it happen and I'm sure they're glad to see Bush creating chaos in the Middle East which they could provoke into war.

Look up 'red heifer' sometime, just for one example.

Yes you are correct.

These people are very far from the main stream. Even "main stream" of the Christian Right.

Archived