House Price Crash Forum

Benefits Britain

HOLA441

My brother had cause to tell his son`s new girlfriend to remember to switch off toilet/landing light, as she kept leaving them on. Her reply was "Sorry, we don`t bother at home cuz mum is on benefits". I`m still seething at this a week after. Also, during a visit to the library, i noticed a sign informing customers of a rise in fines for late return of books. At the bottom it stated that this did not apply to those on benefits, who would continue to pay nothing. What a surprise this country is in the state it is.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

My brother had cause to tell his son`s new girlfriend to remember to switch off toilet/landing light, as she kept leaving them on. Her reply was "Sorry, we don`t bother at home cuz mum is on benefits". I`m still seething at this a week after. Also, during a visit to the library, i noticed a sign informing customers of a rise in fines for late return of books. At the bottom it stated that this did not apply to those on benefits, who would continue to pay nothing. What a surprise this country is in the state it is.

What area is that?

Overdue Book Charges in Oldham. Can't see any exemptions. Surely dolies have more time to return the books?

Adults- 12p per day to a maximum of £6.00

Children (up to 12 years of age)- No Charge

Teenagers (13-17 years)- 2p per day to a maximum of £2.00

Over 60s- 2p per day to a maximum of £2.00

HOLA443
HOLA444

A friend at work was discussing how he had been asked by his girlfriend to move out of her flat, her reason was so she could become financially independent again. While you may say this is a reasonable and honourable request it transpires that she was on benefits that covered all of her living expenses, council tax and rent and when he moved in the benefits stopped and he started paying them out of his own pocket.

These days benefits = financial independence.

Priceless.

Ross.

HOLA445

A friend at work was discussing how he had been asked by his girlfriend to move out of her flat, her reason was so she could become financially independent again. While you may say this is a reasonable and honourable request it transpires that she was on benefits that covered all of her living expenses, council tax and rent and when he moved in the benefits stopped and he started paying them out of his own pocket.

Priceless.

Ross.

But she is being absolutely rational here - don't blame her! By having him move out, she gets more - living expenses PLUS he probably gets to spend money on her on top that at present she doesn't see. If he cant afford to look after himself AND treat her, she will probably find someone else soon enough who can. Blame the system. Write to your MP highlighting the counter-incentives, and write to the local media and council. Tell everyone in your family. Don't blame the girl (symptom), blame the benefits system (root cause). The only way to change things is to make as many people as possible angry that the idea of the safety net has been so twisted over 50 years.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Priceless.

Ross.

That is precisely what feminism has come down to - a free ride for the girls, men can get lost.

HOLA4410

Its sobering to remember that this country was at its most powerful when the underclass did not have the vote. Even the Ancient Greeks, creators of democracy only permitted noblemen to vote.

Yep so much better when "we" sent the underclass (probably your relations and mine) off to die in foreign fields in their millions to protect the interests of the uber-wealthy. The same elite who had siezed half the globe and thought nothing of wiping out the native populations and seizing all the assets.

HOLA4411

That is precisely what feminism has come down to - a free ride for the girls, men can get lost.

Why do you think the ******* Elites allowed it all to happen?

They knew it would destabilise and destroy social cohesion and it was also at least a double whammy against the population as they could now also screw women of their extra wage (thru house price rises) by doubling up incomes needed to buy/pay for an ordinary hovel.

Leaving the kids in the hands of strangers for most of the week - is what it's all about!

It is all supported by twisted benefits system, massive deliberate bias of judgements in the law courts given against men.

Divide and conquer, destroy the family social structures, It's all part of their satanic masterplan!

Ever wondered why todays kids 'binge drink' away their time off, to get out of their minds as fast as possible in todays 'society' - more than any other time in the past?

Ever wundered why kids are suffering from all these 'made up' new diseases and classified as this and that?

They are a direct consequence of the path the elite's education and other manipulative brainwashing methods are working.

You are given a 'medical' reason for your fekked up childs weird behavioural problems!

Wait till the Elites introduce the new 'forced' religion they have lined up for you, once they have you all on your knees!

Edited by erranta

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

We all pay ie VAT, even kids do , sweets etc.

My calc 55% of all income goes to Govt one way or another.

No "we" dont. Only people who earn money pay any tax. If I give you £100 and you buy something with that, you didnt pay any tax. I paid it.

If you think this idea through, you will realise that state employees pay no tax either.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I suppose if they are going to pay it back via their earnings then yes.

You shouldnt think of money. Instead think of work and effort, that is turned into money via your pay packet.

A portion of the work that you do is taken as profit by your employer, you work hours for them.

A bigger portion of your work is taken away from you as tax. It may be given to those who dont work, like pensioners, unemployed people etc.

You get to keep the rest.

So all tax is paid out of work, no other place to get it from.

HOLA4418

So all tax is paid out of work, no other place to get it from.

That's why I said earnings rather than just money.

Where I am working at the moment, 3 of us take it in turns to bring a packet of biscuits in. So when we have a cup of tea we can have a biscuit or two.

3 more people have joined the office, all who like a biscuit but none of which actually bother to bring any biscuits in. Often when the original 3 go for a biscuit they find there are none left, and they have all been eaten by the non contributing parasites.

Just like the benefits system, our system has been overwhelmed by the non contributing elements. Eventually everyone will realise that there is little benefit for them in giving their money to others.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

That's why I said earnings rather than just money.

Where I am working at the moment, 3 of us take it in turns to bring a packet of biscuits in. So when we have a cup of tea we can have a biscuit or two.

3 more people have joined the office, all who like a biscuit but none of which actually bother to bring any biscuits in. Often when the original 3 go for a biscuit they find there are none left, and they have all been eaten by the non contributing parasites.

Just like the benefits system, our system has been overwhelmed by the non contributing elements. Eventually everyone will realise that there is little benefit for them in giving their money to others.

Rich Tea or Digestives?

HOLA4421

Wait till the Elites introduce the new 'forced' religion they have lined up for you, once they have you all on your knees!

Do tell, who do they want us to worship? I'll start now and be a High Priest by the time it's the state religion. ;)

As for why the young binge drink. 1) Because they've got the cash, and 2) Because they won't starve if they don't turn up for work on time the next day.

If you want personal responsibility you have to reform the welfare state. It doesn't have to be abolished, but it has to be moved from an entitlement system to a charity system, like the poor houses of yesteryear.

There was a time when if you applied for benefits an inspector called and if you owned anything that could be sold you got no cash. Then a board of worthies considered your case, and if you were deemed deserving you got a one-off payment. These local busybodies got to know the down-and-outs as individuals and if they were drinking or not attending church or not really trying to get a job they got nothing. The poor boards had a certain amout of cash to hand out and they made sure the most deserving got it.

Now that's a welfare system that works!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Do tell, who do they want us to worship? I'll start now and be a High Priest by the time it's the state religion. ;)

As for why the young binge drink. 1) Because they've got the cash, and 2) Because they won't starve if they don't turn up for work on time the next day.

If you want personal responsibility you have to reform the welfare state. It doesn't have to be abolished, but it has to be moved from an entitlement system to a charity system, like the poor houses of yesteryear.

There was a time when if you applied for benefits an inspector called and if you owned anything that could be sold you got no cash. Then a board of worthies considered your case, and if you were deemed deserving you got a one-off payment. These local busybodies got to know the down-and-outs as individuals and if they were drinking or not attending church or not really trying to get a job they got nothing. The poor boards had a certain amout of cash to hand out and they made sure the most deserving got it.

Now that's a welfare system that works!

Was that in the time before the Renaissance?

HOLA4424
Don't blame the girl (symptom), blame the benefits system (root cause).

As her single largest benefit by far will be her housing allowance, I think you'll find that excessive RENTS are the root cause.

When people can't afford to live because their rent consumes their entire income, they in order to live they must have their rent paid. The solution isn't to stop paying their rent, it's to eliminate EVERYONES rent altogether.

HOLA4425

When people can't afford to live because their rent consumes their entire income, they in order to live they must have their rent paid. The solution isn't to stop paying their rent, it's to eliminate EVERYONES rent altogether.

Surely the answer is communes? Especially for young single women, not only would this slash the cost to the tax payer, it would make this much more unattractive as a lifestyle choice.

They could also be taught how to take care of baby Sinetra and have a free communal crèche provided, helping them into work.

I think the big big mistake of the benefits system was thinking that people deserved just as good as people who were working (some might argue better). Really they should have been given the bare minimum till they got back on their feet.