House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cool_hand

Bbc Defends Mark Thompson's Downing Street Visit

The BBC has denied the director general compromised its independence by visiting Downing Street to discuss coverage of spending cuts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11173081

Ed Miliband, one of the Labour leadership candidates, told the Daily Mail the meeting was "deeply worrying".

Is it just me or is the BBC not impartial?

It appears to be pro Labour and has spun out propaganda on their behalf since I care to forget.

And clearly not impartial when it comes to covering the housing market.

Thankfully I don't own a TV.

Is it just me or is the BBC not impartial?

Mark Thompson says not:

BBC was biased against Thatcher, admits Mark Thompson

The BBC was "massively" biased against Margaret Thatcher and journalists allowed their left-wing politics to set the corporation's agenda, director-general Mark Thompson has admitted.

Critics of the BBC have long accused it of left-wing bias and a hatred of the former Tory leader.

Confirming their fears, Mr Thompson said: "In the BBC I joined 30 years ago there was, in much of current affairs, in terms of people's personal politics, which were quite vocal, a massive bias to the left.

"The organisation did struggle then with impartiality. And journalistically, staff were quite mystified by the early years of Thatcher."

LINK

Ed Miliband, one of the Labour leadership candidates, told the Daily Mail the meeting was "deeply worrying".

They'll back whoever they think will be paying the bills next week.