House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How Blair Was Seconds From Ordering Raf To Shoot Down Passenger Plane Over London After 9/11

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1308203/Tony-Blairs-memoirs-Ex-PM-passenger-plane-shot-9-11.html

Tony Blair came close to ordering the RAF to shoot down a passenger airliner over London after the 9/11 attacks on the United States, he reveals in his memoirs.

The former prime minister described how fighter jets were scrambled after the aircraft lost contact with air traffic control as it approached the capital.

Mr Blair was given emergency powers to authorise the military to bring down planes after the September 11 2001 atrocities in which terrorists crashed airliners into the World Trade Centre in New York and the Pentagon in Washington DC.

The provision was only used once, when he was spending the weekend at Chequers, the British prime minister's Buckinghamshire country retreat.

Mr Blair recalled in his book: 'A passenger jet had been out of contact for some time, and was heading over London.

'I had the senior RAF commander authorised to get my decision. The fighter jet was airborne. For several anxious minutes we talked, trying desperately to get an instinct as to whether this was threat or mishap. The deadline came. I decided we should hold back.

'Moments later the plane regained contact. It had been a technical error. I needed to sit down and thank God for that one!'

Bless, he had to thank God.

Wouldn't the protocol be to do a fly past and make visual contact before shooting it down? Isn't our wonderful Blair being a bit dramatic here, trying to build a bit of tension.

"Tony Blair came close to ordering the RAF to shoot down a passenger airliner over London after the 9/11 attacks on the United States, he reveals in his memoirs."

Was he told Gordon Brown was onboard? ;)

Tony Blair is like making love to a beautiful woman....

Actually, no he isn't. Quite the opposite in fact :angry:

The opposite, being rogered by an ugly man? Well I suppose you could say that he's done that to all of us...

Mr Blair recalled in his book: 'A passenger jet had been out of contact for some time, and was heading over London.

'I had the senior RAF commander authorised to get my decision. The fighter jet was airborne. For several anxious minutes we talked, trying desperately to get an instinct as to whether this was threat or mishap. the plane could be brought down with no survivors and thus nobody to contradict my version of events. The deadline came. I decided we should hold back. it would make supeb political theatre but the chance of survivors was just too high. I instead resolved to make a much bigger deal of the siruation than was ever the case when I finally published my memoirs.

'Moments later the plane regained contact. It had been a technical error. I needed to sit down and thank God for that one - the thought of the sidewinder leaving the wing-tip just as the passenger pilot regained contact had loosened my bowels!'

Yes I thought this was pretty w4nky

I mean what past PM COULDN'T claim that they had their finger on the button and were placed in a moral dilema and then decided in their infinite wisdom that they wouldn't.

Pathetic

I'm just a lowly IT guy, but I dont remind people that I could bring the company down at any moment, - but I decide not to because of my Christian beliefs and a philanthropic attitude.

W4nkstain.

If it would look w4nky for me at my micro level it looks even more w4nky for him at a macro one.

I'm just a lowly IT guy, but I dont remind people that I could bring the company down at any moment, - but I decide not to because of my Christian beliefs and a philanthropic attitude.

W4nkstain.

My desktop has a funny icon on it! Is it God? :huh:

Blair made an error here. Whilst none of the passengers had seized control of the aircraft with the intention of causing a terrorist outrage they nevertheless individually retained the ability to do so. A passenger could have seized control of the aircraft within 45 seconds. The passengers were unable to prove that they did not secretly harbour these intentions or might have these intentions at some undetermined point in the future. Therefore Blair, acting in good faith, should have given the order to blast the plane out of the sky. In fact, he should have blasted all planes out of the sky just to be on the safe side. He could then have enjoyed a handsomely paid consultancy position with a number of rail companies.

Tony Blair is like making love to a beautiful woman....

Married to Cherie, that's as close as he'll ever get.

Was he told Gordon Brown was onboard? ;)

My first thought as well. :lol:

Anyone buying Tony Blair's book?

like the c|_|nt needs more money :lol:

guys done so much backtracking and handballing over the past fortnight it's been insane

clearly, Blair has a problem with reality.

Clearly, he is recalling a BBC TV show where they went through all this stopping the "action" to discuss the moral dillemas...IIRC, BLAIR was in the show too.

clearly, he recalls the call from the BBC, the cameras, the dillema of it all, but forgot it was a TV show.

More evidence:

he looks into Mrs Blairs face and sees a beeyootiful princess....everyone else sees Cruella the wicked witch.

he didn't do it, no story here. If he had on the other hand..........

All the money is going to ex servicemen btw,

My fuc#ing hero.

My partner is in publishing - apparently the book is selling well (so far). I said to her if people want to give to the British Legion, they should do so directly. Tony Blair is an attention seeking wh0re.

I hear he has outsold Beckham & Goody.

Jesus might prove tougher, but he has high hopes. That's sibling rivalry for you.

_

Anyone buying Tony Blair's book?

Nahh.

Might read Mandelson's book once a hooky ePUB version appears.