House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dmac

Changes In The Market

Starting to notice a lot more top end properties coming onto the local market. Getting a sense of a real panic starting to set in.

Agreed, with houses in England starting to drop again and the ROI a basket case and imho the realisation that the VI's like our old mate Tom McC are full off it the crash seems to be accelerating again. For example :

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=6&s=106548971&i=0&p=PNC522495&fp=1&sort=h2l

£149k for a 4bed detached is still to much imho , however back in the good old days of 2007 that sort of money wouldn't even buy a terrace or ex Nihe house.

I've just recently started looking at houses again and was surprised at the number of decent houses around the £90-100k mark. Nothing new or fancy, but houses that I wouldn't mind living in, if only a few k cheaper.

You think £150k for a 4bed detached is still too dear? I guess I'm so used to high prices now that I thought it looked pretty reasonable.

I've just recently started looking at houses again and was surprised at the number of decent houses around the £90-100k mark. Nothing new or fancy, but houses that I wouldn't mind living in, if only a few k cheaper.

You think £150k for a 4bed detached is still too dear? I guess I'm so used to high prices now that I thought it looked pretty reasonable.

I agree prices are looking increasingly more affordable but I'm not in any hurry to rush on in. I think there is more 'fat' there. Anyways, the news is SO bleak at the moment I can see prices rises for several years - plenty of time to keep squirrelling away more dosh for those hefty deposits guys!

I too am in no rush to buy, but my recent interest in looking is because the landlord may be coming home to his house soon and I'm just seeing what market is like.

I'm fed up with having to move all the time and the uncertainty of renting, so next move will be me buying, whether bottom is hit or not. I'm just hoping its at least next spring before I have to.

I too am in no rush to buy, but my recent interest in looking is because the landlord may be coming home to his house soon and I'm just seeing what market is like.

I'm fed up with having to move all the time and the uncertainty of renting, so next move will be me buying, whether bottom is hit or not. I'm just hoping its at least next spring before I have to.

I agree that the whole waiting game does start to wear a little thin - especially when you think that this market correction began well over 3 years ago! Thankfully the decision has been made for me as as my deposit is tied up for the next 2 years. Its nice not having to think about buying and its reassuring to know that the market will - probably - be even lower in a couple of years time. I never thought it would take so long, but I think 2012 could be the year we have been waiting for!

I've just had a triple 1.0xDCV email from PN, quite unusual. ie 3 houses all near or on DCV. Also been noticing alot of sale agreed's going back on for sale and prices dropped when checking PN emails with Property Bee.

There are a few 'under contruction' developments in my area, that have been left unfinished.

Story was that the builders were unable to find buyers, and were waiting on the recovery before putting any more money in.

Well, a few of the unfinshed sites are now up on PN. Being sold as unfinished, or with planning permission granted.

Are they finally realising that the 'recovery' isn't coming? And trying to cut their loses?

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3